Infestation in RR?

KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Has anyone figured out how to place infestation in the ready room?

I want to add infestation to the Gorge slide on Waterdome, I've tried many setups all without success.

I've:

- Tried all combos on the cyst entity
- Placed a hive for world team and assigned cyst to world team, cyst don't appear
- Tried using contamination but it only last a few seconds
- Can't see a Gorge tunnel available to use

Ideas?

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Kalopsia wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to place infestation in the ready room?

I want to add infestation to the Gorge slide on Waterdome, I've tried many setups all without success.

I've:

- Tried all combos on the cyst entity
    - Placed a hive for world team and assigned cyst to world team, cyst don't appear
    - Tried using contamination but it only last a few seconds
    - Can't see a Gorge tunnel available to use

Ideas?

You'll have to use decals for the texturing, and either props or non collision geometry for the "blobs" (animated prop if you want it animated).

Sorry, but this is the only way. Kind of a good thing though as this will give you more control over the placement. :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You would have to code this, it's rather easy.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ah fair enough. Purely want it to add more speed to the gorge slide really.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You could also just increase gorge speed through code too. Also pretty easy if you wanted to.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

Infestation does that?????
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2014
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Infestation does that?????

Beige??? Always has, in fact, originally, you could only belly slide on infestation...
    edited October 2014
    I didn't know infestation did that either!
        if self:GetIsBellySliding() then
            return self:GetGameEffectMask(kGameEffect.OnInfestation) and 0.068 or 0.2
        end

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Another "secret" to be added to the loading screen tips :D
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    would be kind of cool for the infestation to spread in the ready room after the aliens win.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    would be kind of cool for the infestation to spread in the ready room after the aliens win.

That's actually one of the coolest ideas I've heard in a while
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Really you folk did not know infestation speeds up belly slides?
    People complaining about slow gorges when they havent a inkling how to use its full speed... sad sad. :p

Is it wise to include custom lua on maps? It would make it harder to make a map compatible in between releases of ns2 would it not?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

That's actually one of the coolest ideas I've heard in a while
    Not as cool as a ready room rave for a draw.
    Really you folk did not know infestation speeds up belly slides?
    People complaining about slow gorges when they havent a inkling how to use its full speed... sad sad. :p

Is it wise to include custom lua on maps? It would make it harder to make a map compatible in between releases of ns2 would it not?
    Not if you do it right
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I didn't know infestation did that either!
        if self:GetIsBellySliding() then
            return self:GetGameEffectMask(kGameEffect.OnInfestation) and 0.068 or 0.2
        end

l2g