New Alien Type: Recon alien Idea

NexZone30NexZone30 Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185719Members
I feel NS2 needs new content and what better than a new alien? The recon alien would mostly be used in early game since it lacks armor and is met to just mess with marines.
Characteristics:
-Evolve for five resources
-25 Health, 10 armor
-25 damage per biting attack
-Ability to parasite marines for no damage for half the duration
-Ability to place a structure that detects marines in a given range (Can't see through walls) for one resource each (5 maximum)
-Naturally silent except for the occasional small patter of the feet
-Around half the size of skulks
-Twice the speed of skulks
Obviously, I'm not amazing at balance, but it's the idea that counts. I think it would be awesome to use and a great addition to the game.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I dunno, but NS2 is usually dependent on how many guns or jaws/claws are doing damage, or rather killing the other team. A scout creature would fit the role of a perma welder (guy that doesn't shoot). Besides Fade and Lerk are already sickly fast and serve that role to some extend as well as the Skulkies early game.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    An onos with the body of a babbler, and the head of a babbler
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    edited September 2014
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea. Maybe it could be some sort of scorpian that hovars without flaping?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Srs Clan wins again.
    Rip Srs Clan.