I Swear I'm not Crazy

GalapagOGalapagO Florida Join Date: 2014-01-14 Member: 193121Members
After I first hatch/3d printed occasionally, actually slightly more than occasionally, my first lmb click does not register. In other words, the first time I try to bite or shoot after spawning it does not register and I have to click again. What I do not mean is that: I spawn and then click bite and my skulk bites but the bite does not register on the marine.

I've mentioned this before but no one else seems to be afflicted. I'm just trying to speak to a larger audience to see if it has ever happened to anyone else. (I want to know that I truly am not crazy) This doesn't really need to be fixed because it is so miner and I just have to remember to click lmb BEFORE I actually need it.

Comments

• Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds like you just have bad aim with your bite/parasite/rifle/pistol/axe... This sounds like a L2PNS2 issue if I've ever seen one...

just kidding!! :P can't say this has happened to me that I've noticed... I'll keep an eye out from now on.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I vaguely remember reading about a bug like this from I think beta. @ironhorse?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @GalapagO‌ presumably you've disabled mods, emptied NS2 workshop cache, verified game files on steam?
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2014
    We'll look into it. Could be related to UI changes, but that's a completely wild guess. I can't say I've personally run into it, but I'm terrible at vidyagames and would therefore more readily blame my terribleness than anything else in this case.

The above suggestions are definitely a good starting point, as it's always possible that the problem could be mod related.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Like @james888, I have a vague recollection of reading about this bug from the dim and distant past. I can understand how annoying that would be!!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I Have a vague memory of going THROUGH this. O.O
    GOod luck bro! if it continues without mods on (ANY MODS) try reporting it over in the tech support forums.
    This should help
    Alternately, Nuke it from orbit. (only way to be sure)