7.1 Surround sound (does it work properly?)

2»

Comments

• METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @IronHorse, no, the overall surroundsound works OK. There are only minor problems with some sounds. As I mentioned before: first player's shooting, biting, gorge healing, footsteps, etc, not too loud&crisp (also in 7.1 mode gamers' mic speech have a little distortion, like you are watching 2.0 stereo movie in forced 7.1 headset), but first person's taunts have GREAT sound on both modes 2.0 and 7.1 (though, taunts have a positioning problems while you move).

So, I just want to figure out, is it a Megalodon's problem or the game's problem... Still, all other surroundsound games work perfectly with Megalodon.

IronHorse, I recorded my windows sound setting, please, watch this video in your 7.1 mode, and tell me, are your sound channels identical to mine? Thx.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    METROID wrote: »
    @IronHorse, no, the overall surroundsound works OK. There are only minor problems with some sounds. As I mentioned before: first player's shooting, biting, gorge healing, footsteps, etc, not too loud&crisp (also in 7.1 mode gamers' mic speech have a little distortion, like you are watching 2.0 stereo movie in forced 7.1 headset), but first person's taunts have GREAT sound on both modes 2.0 and 7.1 (though, taunts have a positioning problems while you move).

So, I just want to figure out, is it a Megalodon's problem or the game's problem... Still, all other surroundsound games work perfectly with Megalodon.

IronHorse, I recorded my windows sound setting, please, watch this video in your 7.1 mode, and tell me, are your sound channels identical to mine? Thx.

You have the low-frequency effects channel enabled?
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    METROID wrote: »
    @shonan, nope:
    settings1.jpg

In the channel settings you show on the video.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    Yea that sounds fine in that demo, just like mine.
    Except the LFE sounds different.. the .1 , the sub, etc.. it sounds like a drum bang for yours.. but for mine is sounds like a real deep bass like you'd expect.

P.s. if you're running logitech hardware you can open the logitech software and increase the pre amp volumes if you don't manually mess with bass and treble. I needed to