Skill Factor Problems

ResuhrrectResuhrrect VA Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197925Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I have been playing NS2 for a while now, ever since it came out on steam, just never made a forum profile or hive profile. Well its been bugging me now so I will ask you all. I can't get past level 1 and I play quite a lot.
Also I took a glance at my skill factor in-game, and its -325ish. Why is this? I looked online and I would assume the lowest you can go is 0. Is this why I have been level 1 for so long? Please help and give any ideas how to fix this, I'm getting tired of looking like a noob when I join a game with high ranking players and should be on the same skill level. Thanks.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The skill sytsem is currently in a beta phase and we aware of those negative skill values. This will be ixed with the reset next weekend.
  • ResuhrrectResuhrrect VA Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197925Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The skill sytsem is currently in a beta phase and we aware of those negative skill values. This will be ixed with the reset next weekend.

Thank You! Also thanks for the quick response!
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    I was about to ask the same thing. When you say reset, are you saying everyone's skill rating will be reset to zero, or just since 267?

[Edit] I'm now skill level 400 along with 21 other players. Does that mean I'm one of the world's finest? :D
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Resuhrrect wrote: »
    Is this why I have been level 1 for so long?
    Level has nothing to do with skill, it only depends on points earned and can only go up.

I mused about the system and came to a conclusion, though it may be not true at all. If you lose a game you gain a negative skill, if you win you get a positive skill value. Your total skill is just your last value. What if it's used to make your win/lose ratio close to 1? The "force even teams" system puts players into teams in such a way so the sum of their ratings inside a team is close to zero. It may be something like "get a half of the team which won the previous round and put it together with a half of the loser team". So in average you'll probably win each other match and lose others.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    rkfg wrote: »
    Resuhrrect wrote: »
    Is this why I have been level 1 for so long?
    Level has nothing to do with skill, it only depends on points earned and can only go up.

I mused about the system and came to a conclusion, though it may be not true at all. If you lose a game you gain a negative skill, if you win you get a positive skill value. Your total skill is just your last value. What if it's used to make your win/lose ratio close to 1? The "force even teams" system puts players into teams in such a way so the sum of their ratings inside a team is close to zero. It may be something like "get a half of the team which won the previous round and put it together with a half of the loser team". So in average you'll probably win each other match and lose others.

I guess it's working like that. My question is more about if you win/lose as Commander, I mean, yesterday, I played a few rounds on the field & we won (as Marines), I earned like 370 for the skill, then I lost and my skill went down to 0 on the Hive. I won again but as Aliens & my skill was something like 350, my last round game was as Marine Commander & we won again, but my skill changed to 300. Does it mean that Commanders will earn a lower skill if they win compared to field players? or there's some conditions depending of what he did, how he won as Commander, etc?
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Commander skill should depend on other values rather than KDA and score. Like, RTs controlled, resources extracted, meds/ammo dropped in time and drifter assists. And the resulting skill is just your last value, not the average of latest several dozens as it was before.