What Would You Do If...

cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
edited August 2014 in Off-Topic
...you learned that valve and retro developed a Metroid game together and you could buy it on steam?

Of course Nintendo never makes their games for different platforms, but I would love it if this ever happened.

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited August 2014
    i love 2d action-rpgs such as classic metroid games. there are quite some games of that genre on steam (search for 'metroidvania', also has good 3d titles such as darksiders).
    if you want something on gb, gba, nes or (z)snes, there are quite some series aside from metroid. i guess the zelda and mega man (x) series are the most popular, castlevania also had some nice games.

but my personal favorite is demon's crest (chose my avatar from artwork of that game) on snes, with predecessors gargoyle's quest I & II on gb and nes. many reviewers consider them overlooked gems (although i don't like the nes one), but the gameplay might not be as awesome as metroid or mega man x, depending on your taste.
    still, i strongly recommend demon's crest if you liked super metroid for the fact that it's the same genre and comes with an awesome fantasy-horrorish atmosphere, graphics and music. plus you are a friggin badass demon able to cling into walls, climb them, fly (initially not upwards), spit fire and later on morph into other forms with new/different abilities. it also has tons of bosses and 4 endings. keeping the main menu idle for a few seconds will show the story intro.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Metroid prime 2 is the best one imo.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2014
    Not sure where the minimalistic version Minitroid went but that techdemo video was cutesyfun :D

semi-onsubject. I would love to see crossovers between the universes of various games. Kinda like that flashgame where you can play other chars in Super Mario Bros :D