Is there a website where one can arrange quick lobbies

puggeruggerpuggerugger UK Join Date: 2014-03-09 Member: 194626Members
So NS2 is great fun, but I've been playing for quite a while and I now find that when I play in some random public server I'm usually way better than 60% of my team, as good as 20% of my team and way worse than 10% of my team (The other 10% is stuck in a gorge tunnel.)

I want to get into the 10% (the good one, not the tunnel one) by playing comp, getting into comp and never playing in a pub again.

I don't want to get ahead of myself and join a team with people I don't know and then lose and be an embarrassment, I want to be an embarrassment in some higher tier pub like a lobby on tf2center.com and familiarise with more serious game styles (I.e 6v6 like in a video I saw) and strategies

So, is there an ns2center.com or am I destined to struggle to find a team for months before I fail miserable and ruin my name forever.

p.s if the latter someone should make a site like that. Not saying it would be easy or that I could do it, it's just the dream of a madman

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Reddit pugs or ensl gathers. Gathers are not quick though. What you need is reddit pugs. @Decoy or @Zefram are knowledgeable in this.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    If you're in North/South America (or awake super late), I'd check out Reddit PUGs! You can check out the group here --> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rns2pugs There's a mumble listed. You just join up, move into "The Ready Room" and wait until there's 12.

If you're European or playing in afternoons for NA time, I'd recommend Gathers. You just go to ensl.org, create an account, and join up with the gather. You then connect to the TS3 server "ensl.org"'

If you're Australian, they have their own PUGs out of the Australian community mumble (mumble.ausns2.org, port 6034)

They're really quite similar, just different times. If you just tell them that you're new and you want to get better, you'll get a ton of help/advice. The community is really pretty good!
  • simple_simple_ Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188102Members
    I would recommend joining and active team that plays in the ensl, Division 4 or Division 3 if you are really good.
    By all means try out the gather, but don't disappoint if there isn't one on workdays, since the summer is kind of slow.
    For teams check the ensl recruitment forum or post in the recruitment thread here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/122700/looking-for-team#latest
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2014
    @puggerugger‌

Well, there's always TAW.net. :D We've got about +50 active members in our NS2 EU division, and run "semi-competitive" internal matches two to three times a week (wednesday, thursday and sunday 20:00 CEST). It's more organised than pub play, but not quite as intense as competitive play. We also have two teams that participate in the NSL, for those in TAW who do want a bit more of a challenge.

If you want more info, or want to check it out, just let me know. ;)
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2014
    ensl.org - The home of competetive NS2.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    swalk wrote: »
    ensl.org - One of the homes of competitive NS2.

;)
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    sebb wrote: »

;)

He's from UK, I'm not sure he wants to join AusNS2. lol
    ensl.org - The oldest/best home of competitive NS2.

xDDD
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Pelargir wrote: »
    sebb wrote: »

;)

He's from UK, I'm not sure he wants to join AusNS2. lol
    ensl.org - The oldest/best home of competitive NS2.

xDDD

DAAAMMNNN shots fired xD

Now that you mention it though, AusNS was around at the same time, which split into NSPlayer which eventually became AusNS2.

A lot of heritage in this game ey.

:D

• OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    No one cares about that stuff Seb, fire up the kittencam.
    Ots wrote: »
    No one cares about that stuff Seb, fire up the kittencam.

Next stream :D
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    http://Pugs.RedditGaming.us will direct you to our steam page.
    ns2.redditgaming.us Port: 5590 will take you to the mumble.

We are now going to focus on making the pugs more friendly and more organized so new comers of this patch get a chance to try organized play!! :D