Fragmented Memories (Generic Frag Movie #2837230)

NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
edited August 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Gameplay footage from b266 over the span of a few days and mostly on a 150 hr+ server. Some frags here, some amusing tidbits there. Unfortunately, it was only recorded at 30 FPS and 720p. I recently switched from Dxtory to Shadowplay and it's amazing to see b267 in action, but I'll save that for another day. Thanks for watching and please leave some constructive criticism if you'd like.

Dropbox links for those who can't view:
High Quality (1 GB)
Medium Quality (361 MB)

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Teach me your ways oh master!

(also, 8:53. My 2 seconds of fame.)
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    You jump a lot when you marine. :D

Nice vid though
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Video is blocked for me.
    This video contains material from SWE, Warner Chappell, EMI, PEDL, PRS, CS and EMI Music Publishing, where at least one of the above have blocked [it] (the video) in your country (Denmark) for copyright reasons.

Any workaround for this?
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Karnaj‌ Nice frag movie. Should post to reddit. Don't get enough of these for NS2. Really really Awesome (I awesomed you already ;-). Should get some more people (like yourself or ISE) to put together some frag movies. They are so epic.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This video contains content from SME, Warner Chappell, EMI, PEDL, PRS CS and EMI Music Publishing, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

<:-P
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    @sebb, he jumps less than me ;(

It's been awhile i've had to use a proxy to watch a youtube video. Personally i'm not happy about the quality, hope you can up it for 267 sequel. Would be nice if you could get by copyright issues for next release too.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    Yeah, I jump way too much as marine and I'm not that good at strafe juking, unlike some really good players I've seen.

Sorry about the audio copyright issues. I really wanted to use two of these popular songs since they allow for some nice cuts and syncing. I'll have to find more obscure songs or remixes next time. Like Ots mentioned, I guess you could use a proxy to view if it's blocked in your country.

@Ots Thank you for your comments. I encoded the video again using a 15-18 Mbps bitrate (1 GB file size), but it looks only slightly better on Youtube than my previous 5 Mbps encode (361 MB). Nevertheless, I replaced the video above with the new encode. It looks flawless in VLC, but Youtube's compression causes blockiness during fast motion. Nothing I can do to fix this unless I upload it to Vimeo or something.

1080p is hard to do since I play and record at 1600 x 900 even though my native res is 1920 x 1080. I'd have to upscale from 900 to 1080p in Premiere, which would mean a loss of quality. Adding black bars to make it 1080p is something that I could experiment with.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2014
    Cant view it... provide the link to the original file, it will be way easier.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    I play the same style as you do with the marines (but not as well).

I've never been able to move that quickly as a skulk/fade, though.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    @Regnareb Dropbox links now included in the OP.