Black screen bug after exiting gorge tunnel [267]

DarakianDarakian Join Date: 2004-09-03 Member: 31233Members
Map: Tram
Team: Aliens
Lifeform: Skulk
In early game I entered a gorge tunnel (Shipping -> repair) and upon exit the world was black. I tried alien vision, but that gave me a large orange-grey oval that gradated out to stronger orange at the edges of the screen. I could still move and audio still worked (could hear myself biting/jumping/etc) but no visuals. Returning to the ready room fixed the issue and I was able to re-enter the game and play it out (using gorge tunnels to move around). I'm 99% sure I used that same tunnel later on as well.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Hmm I've seen this one before and it was fixed by the shaders re Compiling..
    If you are able to reproduce this please let us know
  • DarakianDarakian Join Date: 2004-09-03 Member: 31233Members
    edited August 2014
    Will do.
    System specs are
    Xeon e3 1280 v3 (iirc, haswell xeon 4770 equivalent)
    Radeon 260x with 2GB ram

I did have the texture handling thingy set at the 2Gb+ level

Edit: August 19th 2014
    Lowered to 1.5 and have not had an issue. I'll try some at 2+ again this weekend.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Feel free to lower it to 1.5 to test, it will not hurt.