unofficial "official [267] changelog in its entirety"

WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited August 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
"get ready with your printscreen keys, guys"

I thought to myself... "pfft.. who has time to do something like /that/?"

(facepalm)

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/53502_ns2_267_changelog.png

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So small, zoom makes blurry.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    james888 wrote: »
    So small, zoom makes blurry.
    Right. OP edited. I clearly suck at trying to share 10000-pixel-high images.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well I was trying to read it anyways. Checked. MUCH better although loading time is being quite slow due to size.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Memorize it, the quiz is on Tuesday.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    Nice changelog :) I'm really looking forward to playing it now >_<
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I just watched the recorded twitch broadcast and paused at the changelog :D
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    PlayingTeam: ... Fix

Is this why shuffle/random isn't?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    "Players can now taunt in the ready room"

Dear God no... why???? It'll be unbearable now!
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Sorry. But hey, at least you'll finally be able to hear that special female taunt from Reinforced...as well as Fade and Onos taunts ;)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »

Sorry. But hey, at least you'll finally be able to hear that special female taunt from Reinforced...as well as Fade and Onos taunts ;)

Fade has a taunt? I thought he was just taking a leak...
    I

But gorge taunts are just special and are meant to be heard. In fact, when I receive a text I hear a gorge call.

Lerks will be annoying though I am sure (Knowing I will spam the lerk taunt)

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    aeroripper wrote: »
    I just watched the recorded twitch broadcast and paused at the changelog :D

I tried to watch it as it scrolled past and listen to WasabiOne at the same time, now I am crossed eyed. I think it will make me shoot better now. Walking however is a problem.
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I hope skulk taunt was fixed along with all the other taunts ... I barely remember what it sounded like.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Console now supports pasting text! \o/
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Lerk poison bite draw damage actually moves with the marine moving essentially giving hive sight back to lerks once they've done damage to a marine. This was removed once for being OP I believe. It should not be brought back.

Add a warning when joining a 24+ slot server in rookie mode should be changed to not have that exclusivity criteria. All players should receive warning.

Power surge selection now powers nearest entity to click like nanoshield. Should be reverted to needing to hit your target (Mainly to try and get nanoshield needing to hit the target to increase comm skill)

YAAAY DEBUGSPEED.

Everything else looks fantastic / I don't understand it.

One word of caution towards the new skill balance. It's not going to be perfect until either hive stats gets reset and everyone plays ~50hours, or everyone plays ~150 hours to rebalance actual stats. The algorithm might not even work out in it's intended meaning because something was over seen. We first had random ready room, then we had !vote ELO, then we had force random even teams and none of these options has worked perfectly, so don't get your hopes up over yet another option despite the maths being displayed on the forums.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    nachos wrote: »
    Lerk poison bite draw damage actually moves with the marine moving essentially giving hive sight back to lerks once they've done damage to a marine. This was removed once for being OP I believe. It should not be brought back.

It's been in Ns2+ for a while so it might not be that op considering you haven't noticed all this time. :P
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    One word of caution towards the new skill balance. It's not going to be perfect until either hive stats gets reset and everyone plays ~50hours, or everyone plays ~150 hours to rebalance actual stats. The algorithm might not even work out in it's intended meaning because something was over seen. We first had random ready room, then we had !vote ELO, then we had force random even teams and none of these options has worked perfectly, so don't get your hopes up over yet another option despite the maths being displayed on the forums.
    They are going to reset the current hivestats for the new skillsystem. (I hope they perform a database backup now, in case something goes wrong and they need a rollback). Badges are not affected. I guess score and level isn't aswell.
    You're right "Force Even" will not work perfectly especially in the beginning. But even after it will not, because everyone has a different view of what would be a balanced team and teamwork is important too. I saw a team with crazy-skilled people loose to not-so-good players, just because everyone did his own thing.
    However I imagine "Force Even" to work better and better the more people play on the same servers.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    According to the cast, there are no remaining open issues.
    Aug 5 (Tuesday) release planned.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    New issues can always open up ;)
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Can we still lock down a phasegate with 1 skulk?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    ^hopefully not though.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes when I run through a phasegate I phase to the same phasegate, it's really disorientating.

I get this too. It usually only happens for me when marines all try to rush through a PG at once.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Martigen wrote: »
    Sometimes when I run through a phasegate I phase to the same phasegate, it's really disorientating.

I get this too. It usually only happens for me when marines all try to rush through a PG at once.

I get the same but not necessarily in that case personally. Just sometimes it happens, to go through a PG & going back at the same point.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Daveodeth wrote: »
    Can we still lock down a phasegate with 1 skulk?
    I'll say this much: A skulk can no longer climb on Command Chairs or Phase Gate models (the vertical portion)
    So it's better..