Vents on descent

dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
Vents on descent just don't feel balanced

-some vents outside of marine spawns require three marines and a blueprint too boost, and their geometry in general is sort of imba. From to death trap in the top left corner to whatever the lower and right side vent sysyem is, I think they should be remade in general. What do you guys think?

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The main issues with vents on descent are the horizontal spawns... You have to be SO careful as marines with either launch control or monorail spawns.

All other vent issues on that map are lower priority TBH.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    man we've been over this.

Descent Fixed mod

this mod removes the vent in question. the idea was to start a discussion about how broken people felt descent was. turns out, lots of people think it's fine. opinion is really split. a lot of premiere players think it's fine. some think it's busted. this pattern extends down to lower div play.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think its fine, makes for interesting game play, as you play both sides, so each team would and should have the same advantages and disadvantages, just mine the dam vent, or get an obs in the back to spot sooner :P
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Vents that lead straight into marine start do not make for interesting gameplay imo.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2014
    inb4 wob comes in here ranting about how the vents are fine and its a l2p issue.