Make ammo screen turn red when low on ammo.

AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
I like to shoot skulks that don't see me yet with pistol as it can take them out before they can react. However, pistol screen is hard to read, and if I forget to reload it after use I might take it out to snipe a skulk and then not end up killing him. Also, when sprinting the ammo screen is not shown on pistol. maybe if ammo was below 40% the screen could glow red instead of blue to tell you to reload and prevent these situations.

Comments

• alnairalnair Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2014
    Hi,

The flashing light takes my attention from other parts of the screen that would require it more.

I cannot find a setting in NS2+ to turn this new feature off. If you decide to keep the feature can there please be an option to turn the pulsing red light off @Mendasp‌

It is great features are quickly integrated into the game... but it should also not go too fast ... :)

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I agree with alnair. I don't need a flashing red ammo counter. An option to turn it off would be great.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I agree with alnair. I don't need a flashing red ammo counter. An option to turn it off would be great.

It's already there.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    used it in ns2+ and i like it.

i'm curious, is it possible to see this (and the ammo counter in general) on a teammate/enemy, or is it first-person-only?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Laosh'Ra wrote: »
    used it in ns2+ and i like it.

i'm curious, is it possible to see this (and the ammo counter in general) on a teammate/enemy, or is it first-person-only?

Only first person, the display on other people's rifles is just part of the world rifle texture (always at 26 ammo!) :)
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    always at 26 ammo
    dafuq... ok, thanks for the info :)
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    Would this apply to the health bar as well?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good news, I just implemented this for NS2+
    Mendasp - implementing your problems before you voice em.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    I feel at zero though it should be solid red not flashing so quickly
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Darn, there goes any Red light dlc then. :P Like the green with kodiak.
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited July 2014
    it's a good feature, but can be a bit of a distraction. just a thought, but how about if it only started flashing when you're on the last full magazine/clip/etc?
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    A fading to the red would be less distracting than a flashing thing in front of your eyes.