A Fixed Hovering Destinations Above Gorge Tunnels

CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Instead of staring at a gorge tunnel or wasting time looking at the map (to see each gorge tunnel goes where). I suggest that the destination name hovers above gorge tunnels, in a fixed, permanent way.

1. This will save time.
2. This will encourage more people taking tunnels.

TLDR: Basically, have destination names hovering over gorge tunnels without starring at it.

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    So you mean like how the phase gate says "To (room name)"? That could be nice. I'll bring it up!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Pretty sure it already had this, was removed for some reason
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It's already there when you look at the tunnel itself (or at least used to be). I think OP wants it to just always be there, even without you looking for it. Could be done in some way that doesn't clutter the UI I suppose.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Speaking of this, I'd like "Gorge tunnel to " part removed and only say "Atrium" instead, so you won't waste time reading whole sentences. Might be even bigger font after that.
  • CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    Speaking of this, I'd like "Gorge tunnel to " part removed and only say "Atrium" instead, so you won't waste time reading whole sentences. Might be even bigger font after that.

Correct! This is what I always wanted. I always waste 10 seconds staring at the map to 5 gorge tunnels, confusing myself, talking the wrong one, while the hive is dying from a Marine rush

Can this be implemented?

• alnairalnair Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Coelispex, I would love that feature as well. I do not know how many times I've taken the wrong tunnel when they are placed close by each other ... lol
  • b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited June 2014
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    but you would have to be close to it or be looking at it, I wouldn't want it to obstruct my view.
  • CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @SamusDroid Marines got the arrows for their phase gates. Can the aliens get some love too? :P
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2014
    Sounds like something that should be in ns2+
    I see it's now been added into NS2+. Yay!

Now it needs to be in the main game. :D
  • OmidionOmidion Join Date: 2014-03-06 Member: 194552Members
    I'd like to add one more thing...i'm constantly having trouble finding a gorge tunnel under a Shade, could u give the tunnel that is cloaked (under Shade effect) a "glow", make it stand out, maybe a orange fogy effect. I don't agree totally with how the "shaded" / "invisible" effect is done, but i think that Gorge Tunnels should stand out, i should be able to see the tunnel i want to enter from across the room.

And yea erase "Gorge tunnel to", just leave the name of the room where it leads to, maybe make the font color different.