AusNS2.org June 2014 Draft Tournament

SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
edited June 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
sPBu4Yw.jpg

[x/post AusNS2.org thread: ausns2.org/showthread.php?1050-AusNS2-org-June-2014-Draft-Tournament]

Bracket Page: Click Here

It is time again for another Draft Tournament! This tournament will be mostly the same, with a few things that we are changing this time around to include more people, and make the teams that little bit fairer. We have had very successful tournaments in the past and we are looking to improve on this with every tournament we run.

The changes are as follows:

• Now open to US/SEA NS2 players!
  • There will be an extra team grading process after the draft night for fairness.
  • AusNS2.org Forum Signup is mandatory.

Tournament Dates:
Sunday 15th June 2014 and Sunday 22nd June 2014

[/SIZE][ Timezone converter: http://tiny.cc/qk1lgx ]

Draft Tournament Map Pool:
ns2_summit
ns2_tram
ns2_descent
ns2_veil
ns2_caged
ns2_biodome
ns2_jambi

To signup for the Draft Tournament, fill out the form below and you will be added to the pool of players. On the Draft Night, team leaders will pick players from that pool and teams will be formed to play in a 2 day tournament over 2 Sundays. Teams will be reviewed by the admins for fairness based on player skill as dictated by the signup forms and our personal but objective discretion.

The team with the most round wins, wins the tournament.

The score and bracket for the tournament will be hosted by challonge.com.

Bracket Page: Click Here

Rules:
1. Round Robin tournament rules as dictated by the Admin team and those on challonge.com
2. If players are unavailable for the Draft Night, they must contact an Admin during the signup period or make it known publicly in the forum thread.
3.Open to Australian, New Zealand, American and South-East Asian players.
4. All teams and players are subject to shuffling and movement depending on skill and fairness as judged by the Admins in the grading process.
5. AusNS2.org Forum Signup is mandatory for contact, information delivery and rewards.
6. All other League Rules apply before, during and after matches.

AusNS2.org Mumble Details
IP Address: mumble.ausns2.org
Port: 6034

Team List: Click Here

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Not gonna lie, the draft tournament is super fantastic. You should definitely sign up if you're able!
  • battlegorgebattlegorge Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33955Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    The last tournament was awesome with some really crazy strats like the ones -/AUS/- pull off against higher skilled teams
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    vanilla or comp mod?
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    elodea wrote: »
    vanilla or comp mod?

Comp mod.

• colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Will these be streamed? I would love to watch some on a Sundi morn.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    About 1 1/2 hours until the Draft! If you are signed up, try to make it to the AusNS2.org mumble then! If you haven't signed up yet, remember, its open to AUS, NNZ, SEA and US players, and it is definitely not too late to sign up!

This is looking like a really great tournament so far with 85 signups!!!!
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Well I know who I'm rooting for:
    oqSOXaZ.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A few joined up at the last minute so we wound up with 10 teams, all with 9 players :D
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Well, good luck! I won't be alone to follow this tournament even if timezones gonna be frustrating problems for Europeans.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I'm streaming too! Yay soon to be gone bandwidth!

twitch.tv/dragonmith
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited June 2014
    Give 6 minutes for obligatory faffing around...

And my upload speed is just too slow... sorry guys, no heavy breathing and low quality streams anymore :(
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    Well I guess it's a good thing that I don't know any of these players, because having missed this although drafted would hurt my reputation otherwise.

I was expecting an email, or a reply, or a private message. I just now had learned that I was actually drafted. Perhaps this is my fault for not checking after applying.. but this time zone thing is really to blame. Right now it is 12:54 pm here in cerritos, california. Which would mean I would be ready for the round at or around 8-9pm if the time was to be that time. But instead, seeing as this was from australia, it is now 5:00 in the morning on monday for australians.

I woulda had to play at or around 3:00 am.. which was impossible given the circumstances. So I guess, in short, apologies for not showing up. I didn't really check too much into the timezone thing without saying I could do it, blindly.. I knew it would be early in the morning and at the time I was accepting of that.. but really, ever since then I've swapped my sleeping schedule around and started sleeping through the night (for a change).
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    GUYS WHERE ARE THE RESULTS PLZ ><
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    AusNS2 Draft Tournament Results
    Pos  Team                  W-L-T  Points
    1st  eJekt                 5-0-4    14
    2nd  Derp Squad            5-1-3    13
    3rd  Mosquito Banditos     4-0-5    13
    4th  RamRod                5-2-2    12
    5th  Excellence in Gaming  4-3-2    10
    6th  Black Label           4-4-1     9
    7th  No Eyed Deer          4-5-0     8
    8th  Plz                   2-3-4     8
    9th  FF4                   1-8-0     2
    10th Goonsack              0-8-1     1

@kmg we came second :D
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    nice good work fellas
    Two things that're cool about the results:
    1) There is only 6 points separating the top 8 teams
    2) The top 7 teams all won at least 4-5 of their 9 matches

There were some close, tough games in there :D
    Just wana say, Jekt was the best com I've ever had in any game of NS2 and was most likely a major reason we won.

Also, I make a great housekeeper! (welding rts, building in base, making sure everyone uses coasters... :P )
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    I only caught two games but geez they were good to watch!
    edited June 2014
    Thanks @Mouse
    We have a follow up post coming soon with all the information from the Draft, but also what is coming up for the AusNS2 community. Stay tuned.
    edited June 2014
    [x/post bonage's post]

And so ends the June Draft Tournament. A Big thanks to everyone who played, the captains for organizing their teams, and to our lovely casters who captured all the games. We had some great rounds that were much more even this time than our previous drafts. This new format has proven to be a good formula for future drafts. We do encourage feedback, and we will take it on board when planning the next draft.

For those who missed it, here is a summary of the winners and scores:

The Winners:
    wTD8waG.jpg

The Bracket:
    JBqARfe.jpg

For all the new players that played in the draft, we hope you enjoyed competitive NS2, and we hope you stick around to play in our future competitive events. We encourage you all to either join an existing clan by posting in the clan thread, or start a new clan yourselves. I know there are definately several new people from a variety of different skill levels wanting to join the comp scene after the draft, so we encourage you all to make yourselves known on the forums or on mumble!

Also, off the back of the Draft Tournament, we have announced our next major Tournament:

The AusNS2 Rising Stars Tournament, aimed at lowed level clans. More information can be found on the AusNS2.org website!