Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    ... Good god. This is the perfect easter egg :P
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2014
    Well gentlemen this is the lore right here.
    Why are we exploring this planet? To find the long lost aquagorge and cuddle it.
    ...and if you think that isn't a nearly good enough venture, you shall be fed to the sharks.
    fed to the lerkrays and skulktapi
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Why are we exploring this planet? To find the long lost aquagorge and cuddle it.
    ...and if you think that isn't a nearly good enough venture, you shall be fed to the sharks.
    But on your quest to find the fabled aqua-gorge you will encounter many enemies like the lerk-ray and the skulktapus
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    fed to the lerkrays and skulktapi

http://xkcd.com/1326/

Shark population is in decline!
  • SarabearasaurusSarabearasaurus San Diego Join Date: 2014-04-18 Member: 195488Members
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    THIS

Does posting over 2 months later qualify this guys post as necro?
  • DarakianDarakian Join Date: 2004-09-03 Member: 31233Members
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    RadimaX wrote: »

Highly doubt it's your image. Just because you photoshopped something, it doesn't give you the right to claim the image is yours.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ns2isgood wrote: »

Highly doubt it's your image. Just because you photoshopped something, it doesn't give you the right to claim the image is yours.

It was his fan art, his creation. He was original poster, OP reposted for some reason.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    He cross-posted the image into a forum where people might like the image. Most people don't check all the forums (sadly). A link was included to the original post. No harm done here guys.

Love the image Radimax. I had not seen it yet!
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited June 2014
    2cough wrote: »

It was his fan art, his creation. He was original poster, OP reposted for some reason.

You don't realize how ironic that is? He is flagging and reporting the post as if he has had something stolen from him, yet the original image was never credited in his post either. The guy that took the underwater picture is the owner. Just because you photoshop something on top of it, it doesn't transfer the owernship of the image or give you the right to control where it's posted, as if he has some copyright over the image.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes, the ocean image was somebody else's. But he didn't post just the ocean image. He posted an image of a gorge photoshopped into a sea turtle's body on top of the ocean image, thus making it something separate from just ocean pic, and just the gorge pic. And clearly the focus/subject of his image was the seagorge, not the ocean.

So no, I don't think it's ironic that radimax thought the OP was trying to take credit for his photo-manipulation work. I understand why he was annoyed.
    edited June 2014
    Comprox wrote: »
    He cross-posted the image into a forum where people might like the image. Most people don't check all the forums (sadly). A link was included to the original post. No harm done here guys.

Oh thx, i did not see the link under it just the picture when i replied and some random dude getting AWSOME from my picture :P
    thats why i asked why HE posted it instead of me but yeah i might do another one when i find more time anyway.
    edited June 2014
    Just because you photoshopped something, it doesn't give you the right to claim the image is yours.

So if i buy lets say a ferrari car and then i take a picture of my car then photoshop it a little bit it, then post the picture of it. Is it still not MY car or MY picture?
    ferrari is just an example instead of ns2 but you get my point, After i do all that however does it suddently become wolffeguards image? if you made the picture it would be yours right? in this case it was mine and i have the right to ask why it was used here in this post.

if you still think the image belongs to somebody else after about 2 hours in photoshop i decided to throw in an extra 10 seconds by adding my name just incase, and it is only 3% opacity so it might not be easy to spot for the untrained eye, but here is a closeup on the original picture, bottom right corner zoomed in with sharpness, color dodge and burn tool overlay so you can check the text out for yourself, it is not all the way in the corner since that would be to obvious and distracting while watching the overall image:
    UC79owB.png