New to NS2, but not NS

CalTechCalTech San Diego Join Date: 2014-05-04 Member: 195797Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
Religiously played NS from 2003-2006 (Cheese) and 2008-2010 (Caltech).

Donated to the development of NS2 when it all started but never had a chance to get into it since it was released while I was stationed in Japan where I spent most of my time floating around the ocean. Been playing Planetside 2 more often than not to get that fix of team-based play. Trying to get into NS2 now but recently had PRK eye surgery and cant quite... see well... yet.

Been reading the forums for information on gameplay thats changed from NS but it seems, as with most FPS games, map memorization is the only real obstacle. Aaaaand... no more focus ability?

Cheers.

Comments

• It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Focus is more or less Stab, a Biomass 8 ability (3 hives).

Shade hive (or sensory chamber) you have a choice of Aura or Phantom (which is Camo + Silence)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    As you played a lot of NS, you will notice the gameplay differences in ns2, things like no commander dropped weapons etc. Ulitmately I think UWE succeeded with their idea of making NS2 more accessible than NS, by mixing combat ideas in. It has made for a slightly different game to regular NS
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Come play ns2 pugs! Join the pugs steam group to get notifications of when a pug is being formed. Mumble info is on the group page, and we sit in the ready room channel to get pugs going.