1500 hours of NS2, and tonight I witnessed for the first time...

meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited May 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Onos axe kill. Legit.

Onos engages by himself in Stab.mon against a SG and 2 rifle marines.

I'm comming, I already researched catpacks for extra DPS because we were fucked for res and ups.

Onos quickly kills SG marine, then fails hard trying to hit one of the others (I'm spamming catpacks the whole time).
Onos retreats and I'm screaming at them to chase it down- it goes round the corner back to generator and clearly knows this rifle marine's gonna pop it in the ass so he turns around and bone shields. So one of them whips out his axe, flanks the big bastard and he goes down TO THE AXE.

Oh, how we howled with laughter.

Catpacks, guys, they're super fucking OP but everyone's afraid to use them.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cat packs are too expensive for most of the game, and are only worthwhile on above average players or higher.

Now I challenge your onos axe kill, have you seen an onos pulse grenade kill? I saw one once. He would of died to one of 6 marines anyways, but the final blow was a pulse grenade.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    screenshot or it didn't happen!
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Very nice, even more satisfying than welding a gorge, I'm sure!
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I was there. I can vouch for his story. I was the other guy in the room.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    in that case, lol, axe onos kill! That is worthy of a lucky bast$%^ badge.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Lulz.

Then again, the axe didn't really kill the onos. So yay.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    screenshot or it didn't happen!

I was there, it was the funniest thing Ive seen in a long time.. was laughing with @meatmachine‌ for ages over that. Good times

:))
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    Lulz.

Then again, the axe didn't really kill the onos. So yay.
    Judging from how long he was slapping that onos with it, I'd say he did at least 300 damage. And he got the final hit too :D
    Need to remember the guy's name so he can be credited as party to this :)
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    One time, when I was a skulk, I bit a marine twice and then parasite killed him!
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    edited May 2014
    Meat forgets to mention that after the ones kill his marine team were slaughtered like the dogs they are. We now wear their smelly corpses as hats.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    Yeah we were behind the whole game, had a lot of rookies and I'm proud they managed to last as long as they did!
    Wonderful, terrible, dead rookies.

After that game, I'm actually looking forward to going home and hopping in the chair. I have some things to try out :)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I once was welding cysts at south tunnels, and accidentally welded fade that was on it's way to hive for healing. Good times.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Isn't it wonderful when you can strike down an oblivious exo as a phantom skulk without them ever realizing they were under attack?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Isn't it wonderful when you can strike down an oblivious exo as a phantom skulk without them ever realizing they were under attack?

Although this worked better in the past, somehow...
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Onos axe kill. Legit.

Onos engages by himself in Stab.mon against a SG and 2 rifle marines.

I'm comming, I already researched catpacks for extra DPS because we were fucked for res and ups.

Onos quickly kills SG marine, then fails hard trying to hit one of the others (I'm spamming catpacks the whole time).
    Onos retreats and I'm screaming at them to chase it down- it goes round the corner back to generator and clearly knows this rifle marine's gonna pop it in the ass so he turns around and bone shields. So one of them whips out his axe, flanks the big bastard and he goes down TO THE AXE.

Oh, how we howled with laughter.

Catpacks, guys, they're super fucking OP but everyone's afraid to use them.

Almost as good as the guy who posted the video jumping over an onos to kill a gorge on eclipse. Nice work.

• KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Or jumping over a onos, ducking under a lerk and sidestepping a fade to kill a hydra.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I once killed an NS 1.03 or 1.04 onos with the door to mess hall in Nancy.
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Killing an onos with the axe never gets old!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Not quite on topic, but not quite worth it's own thread.. Had some fun while streaming today. Decided to back up the attack group with a welder... Sometimes you just gotta support your team-mates on a push. 2 welder kills and no damage taken... Welder OP!!

• Brad2810Brad2810 Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184313Members
    edited June 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    2 welder kills and no damage taken... Welder OP!!

I can top that, a while back ,me and my friend were on some american servers as "Thatwelderguy" and only used welders the whole game, The record was 8 welder kills (the biggest streak i think was 4 without dieing :D) which was the top score on the team for that match :S

it's really easy if you drop your rifle, because of the speed boost it makes skulks miss a lot more than usual, and you only need to hold the welder on them for around 5 secs, less if you have a friend. many lulz were had. they are indeed OP. our rule was, welders on skulks and gorges, pistols on fades.

i think we even got a lerk once :s
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welder kill on Onos the other day in a public captained game, video to come soon
  • RCKilmRCKilm US Join Date: 2013-11-05 Member: 189019Members
    I don't think I've ever seen an axe or welder onos kill... I'm still waiting to get my first axe kill on a lerk damnit.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    If there was one change I would make to NS2, it would be adding Leap damage again!!
    When I started playing, for ages I thought that leap DID do damage (just seemed obvious)... But it didnt :P
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    There was a build where it did do damage, I don't recall why it was removed given the current high requirements to get it.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    I used to think seeing blood spray on a life form meant you were damaging them.....
  • sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
    The other day I was playing marine and noticed the power node was getting zapped by a cyst. Without even thinking about the fact there was no other cysts in the room, I just pulled out my axe and jumped around the corner.

Long story short, new lerk coat.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Yea, I think there was a build where leap did DMG.