The Revival of Squad 5

DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
edited May 2014 in Squad Five
Welcome to Squad 5

This project was originally started by Hugh back in 2012. Now, with the announcement of Community Development, we are bringing it back as a way to high-five our community members that are having a positive influence on NS2!

What earns me Squad 5?

You can do lots of things to earn yourself a Squad 5 badge. Making a cool mod, fixing a notable bug, creating an excellent map, being helpful around the forums, creating a good environment for rookies (and everyone else!) could earn you a Squad 5 badge.

How do I get nominated for Squad 5?

You can nominate yourself or you can be nominated by someone else. If you are nominating someone else, please be sure to include their forum username with your post. The post must include some kind of proof for the good deeds that you have done. Nobody will be awarded a Squad 5 badge without adequate proof.

Who hands out the Squad 5 badges?

Members of the Community Development team, as well as forum mods, prominent community members and possibly UWE will weigh in and discuss the nominated users and come to an agreement about the final recipients. They will be given out in rounds, periodically, just like how it was done originally when this program was first introduced.

How do I get different colors of Squad 5 badge?

The first time you are given a badge, you will receive the blue Squad 5 badge. If you do something else that is awesome enough to earn another Squad 5 badge, we will upgrade you from blue to silver. The golden Squad 5 badge is reserved for those who do something that is really quite awesome and significantly notable. It is not out of reach, but it must be something great!

Any rules?

Please, no bashing & no begging.

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Yay!

Though it would have been more effective when we had higher player counts, still nice thing to have.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Better late than never :P
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Ok here we go, yay. I would like to ask to rank up the squad 5 badge of @Mendasp‌ ( seriously he has done pretty much for ns2 with ns2+ and the nsl maps etc. ). And maybe a blue badge for @Soul_Rider‌ for the GorgeCraft mod. Also the admins of the ensl deserve to be in squad 5 ( @zefram etc. ). That would be it for the start from my site.

The proofes for this ppl can be found at multiple places in this forum :D
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks for the nomination @GhoulofGSG9‌ I have to say, if you haven't already been Squad 5'd, I'd have to recommend you for your services to server administration. Your work has been very important in helping realise a very effective admin system.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @ghoulofgsg9 Done! Mendasp and Zef were upgraded, Soul_Rider was given Squad 5 blue :)

@Soul_rider - We gave Ghoul Squad 5 last night for his work on NS2 Stats & Shine :)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks, I am very grateful. :)
  • PuzzlePuzzle Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169345Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Nominate @Decoy for being PT Lead since forever helping make the game better.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Edited and adjusted the information regarding how S5 recipients will be decided.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    i nominate me for things
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I would like to nominate gibs for obvious reasons.
    1) Hosted one of the best community servers, i have had tons of fun there, and so have tons of other people
    2) For being an awesome guy, he is willing to make people custom xhairs and he has xD
    3) Hes also a PT making himself more known through that
    4) GORGES NEED LOVE
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    isn't gibs also the one who organized the rookie tournament?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Rookie tournament was organized by @GISP, not Gibs for your information.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited May 2014
    Pelargir wrote: »
    Rookie tournament was organized by @GISP, not Gibs for your information.
    Yup, and i allready have a few icons http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/1207116 But perhaps i should aim for gold?
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    I'm wholly bias for the competitive community but here's my list of people who deserve some kind of squad 5. I don't know if some of them have already received a recognition or not.

Blind - For his participation in the NSL, admining & casting. Major contributions to producing the NS2WC stream.

jiriki - For devoting personal resources in maintaining the NSL.

swalk - Started Season 1 of the NSL and was league admin for a few seasons after.

Seb & the Australian co - I'm not really sure the entire leadership of the AusNS2 League, but those guys deserve some recognition for maintaining their community and generally great casting of their own matches. Can't wait for Season 3!

Powers that be.. sort their badge colours.

Is this even the right thread? lol
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Nominations have been moved on the other thread.
    edited August 2014
    EDIT: Nominations have been moved on the other thread. x2
This discussion has been closed.