Over.Extension's new server hosting Comp Mod

RisingSunRisingSun RisingCalifornia Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited May 2014 in Competitive Play
I recently begun renting an 18 +2 public server from Blue Fang. I chose a location that would be Euro friendly and I'm only putting certain mods on it to include Shine (xspawns, pre game plus, 10hr min comm time, and disabled first person spec.), Comp mod, and NS2+. FF is enabled and the server will be heavily populated with admins but you won't know it.

I would like to extend an invitation to any NSL div ranked team captain to receive a base level admin access to help me look after the server.

I want to create an environment that bridges the gap between pub and comp play. This is the place you can practice your comp skills without the stress of performing well like pugs, scrims, and matches.

I have already reached out to many of my comp friends to give base admin too, but I need a solid Euro group as well.

If you have any suggestions, kudos, or complaints I would love to hear them. Team captains that are interested in base admin, please add me on steam.

Server: Over.Extension | Comp Mod Server

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I know a lot of pub hero players, some of whom are keen to make the transition to comp play but find the barriers quite high. I will definitely check out your server and try to get my would-be comp friends on there. I think this is they key area that is generally lacking at present, gathers can be really high skill at times and almost derp-fests at others, so they can have a tendency not to help those new to comp players all the time.
  • CmdrKeenCmdrKeen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So, you're basically trying to create a second HBZ.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CmdrKeen wrote: »

Good idea, HBZ is always full :D

• FeathermonsterFeathermonster California Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187312Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    craZyfx wrote: »
    Ha. :D That and the fact that this one is located on the east coast of the US, so has a much more friendly ping for those of us in western NA like myself. It should still have a fairly reasonable ping for EU folks as well -- which may be good for those night owl (or early morning) types who would keep playing after HBZ and many other EU servers die for the night.

I think there may still be a few kinks to work out in the config files, but the server itself should be pretty much playable. Just let us know if we missed anything blatantly obvious, someone xenos the server, etc.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    craZyfx wrote: »
    CmdrKeen wrote: »

Not if your banned :( and dont know why....
    I did kill alot of Gorges that day.....
    edited May 2014
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    I did bust a lot of Gorges that day.....

FTFY Max :)
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2014
    You really shouldn't use BlueFang. They tend to have issues with performance, as well as having a very slow support system. I would strongly recommend you use the service provided by Tempest (Previously NS2Servers, now known as ServerDad). He has been providing service ever since the Alpha days, and knows all of the ins and outs of hosting NS2 servers. Not to mention that he provides better support than any other service, since you can just shoot him a message on Steam when you need his help :P
    His website can be found here. (Edit: Don't listen to those prices on his website. He offers a fully configurable NS2 server for $45/month)
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Oh wow, thank you Gibs. We might make the jump if we have issues. So far no issues with BFS. If I would have known about tempest, I would have went with him. Crap.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    No problem :) But yeah, I'd say stick with BlueFang since you've already started the service with them. But I would highly recommend changing over to ServerDad once the next invoice with BlueFang comes up.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ServerDad ftw.

Tempest is the bombdude.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2014
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Not if your banned :( and dont know why....

You are not banned on our server.

So there 2 reasons left why you cant join:
    - Not enough playtime (im sure you have more than 10 hrs on the clock)
    - Your steam account is VAC banned in another game

I played a few rounds on that server btw.
    But it looks like the US pub players prefer 20+ servers and some complaining about friendly fire.
    So the server was @ low population most of the time filled with mid to low skill players.

I wish you the best of luck, there more than enough 20+ clusterfuck quantity servers out there in the USA and at least some trying to introduce some quality ones.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    We are going to take off FF and remove the Res slots to go 20 full time =) we will see if that fixes things. Thanks Para =)
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Also, I'm sure there are some european late night gamers that would enjoy a high competetive US pub server when HBZ goes to sleep. So I'm with @dePARA‌ on this one, even if it's unpopular among the americans.
  • FeathermonsterFeathermonster California Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187312Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I agree with you guys too. They changed those things when I wasn't online/around to argue to keep stuff the same. D: I do know Rising was super excited to get things rolling and the server populated, so hopefully we can get things squared away again, heh. After all, changing things to suit Pubby Pubster instead of the comp players that was supposed to be the main audience doesn't really make sense. :P