What happened to weldable, breakable door?

2»

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited February 2014
    Weldable vents would be interesting. Maybe just make them like a regular building, any lifeform can bite through the vent with time but it gives warning and slows them down. I would implement it as a purchasable item for marines, buy a vent cover and then place it on the vent and build it. That makes it a time and res investment.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    sotanaht wrote: »
    Weldable vents would be interesting. Maybe just make them like a regular building, any lifeform can bite through the vent with time but it gives warning and slows them down. I would implement it as a purchasable item for marines, buy a vent cover and then place it on the vent and build it. That makes it a time and res investment.

The vent opening are varying in sizes and as such may become problematic.

and also UWE are putting pretty much all of their resources into making SN
  • shortyroKshortyroK Tulsa, OK Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16822Members, Constellation
    I am sure someone will figure it out and hopefully the devs will incorporate it later on. I like the idea of weldable vents, and the idea of having it be an upgrade for both sides to weld/break points. Could always allow a comm to lock doors/vents in they have the power up for that specific part of the map. That way if infestation took over or the power went down the aliens could open the point up again. Would make for some dynamic battles.
  • shortyroKshortyroK Tulsa, OK Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16822Members, Constellation
    edited April 2014
    not relevant to the discussion, but my sig is from 2003. Animated gifs...hah
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Again, they already exist in Extra entities mod
    My bad. haven't looked through all that is out there yet. just started getting back into the game. Thanks Samus
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    I didn't even See this thread and made a suggestion on weldable vents and doors on the suggestion thread.
    I wonder if its still feasible if doors could be broken By Onos, Melted by gorges, Or Ignored altogether with Fades.
  • khw_henrykhw_henry HK Join Date: 2014-05-17 Member: 196096Members
    would like to have a weldable door, make marines even harder to play