Favslist - Rank your favorite games, movies and actually...everything

PapissamaPapissama Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75217Members
Daniel Kayser from GameTrailers is creating an awesome website named Favslist. It's still a work in progress but it has a really fun concept. It let's you rank your all-time Top 25 games and affect the results in real-time. DK made a video explaining how it works here:

If you feel like putting your 2 cents in, then go here and make your Top 25 favorite game of all time list (1st=25pts, 2nd=24pts, ..., 25th=1pt).
The results from the gamers in their 20s will be different from the gamers in their 30s. You can sort the results by gender, country and age if you want.

Other gaming lists are also available (by year, genre and systems) if you want to mess around with more of them. It also works for movies, tv shows, music, sports and anything you can think of.
For example, the "Favorite Pokémon" is a list fun to participate in if you're a fan of the series.

It's kinda like twitter but it's centered around the things we're passionate about.
Anyway, Post the link of your Top games and feel free to discuss your choices!

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    thats a really nice idea, but i'm a bit worried they might sell the profiles for commerical interest.
    well, i don't mind tailored commercials (they are easy to ignore), but the fact that google licensed "dynamic pricing" recently is quite scary: dynamic prcising = items costing more or less for a specific person based on a profile. according to their studies some people are willing to pay up to 4x of the original price!

don't get me wrong, i don't want to ruin your thread. on the contrary, i am actually excited to sign up and share my favorite classic games etc. but since this website is all about "what are your favorite products", can someone who actually understands the favslist.com/about/terms give some insight about the possible risks? at first glance, i can't see anything preventing them from selling the profiles but i'm by no means an expert so maybe i'm overlooking something. also, how effectively could companies try to crawl the page?

• PapissamaPapissama Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75217Members
    You're raising some great points. Unfortunately, I don't have those answers but we definitely do need some clarity about those issues.