I got the 10 year badge. It has been a pretty fun 10 years.

freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited April 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Probably have played longer than that, but thanks to everyone. The developers and the community, there aren't many games that you can say you have enjoyed for 10 years. And I would have still been enjoying NS1 even if it didn't get the NS2 upgrade.

Name any game even with sequels that you enjoyed for over 10 years?

Comments

• NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Splinter Cell series. Probably my favorite franchise of all-time.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Is this an in-game badge or a forum badge. If it's the "ancient member" one, then I have it too. Pretty neat.
  • inveigleinveigle Join Date: 2004-01-07 Member: 25117Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Battlefield 1942 - This game was great and it had everything! Shame on you EA, what have you done with this great franchise?

A couple of up and comer 10 year veterans,
    The original Company of Heroes and all its glorious mods. (N44 -which I worked on for some time-, Blitzkrieg, Modern Combat, Battle of the Bulge, etc.)

Battlefield 2 and all it's glorious mods. (Forgotten Hope 2 -which I beta tested-, Project Reality, etc)

It's really sad that most major gaming now is dumbed down or full of microtransactions. What is beautiful is that indie developers like Unknown Worlds are keeping the torch lit and shining the way into the next generation of gaming.
  • freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Steam was horrible at the start, I was a big fan of CS at the time and when it switched over, it was one of the most horrible experiences playing a game ever. Nothing worked. They did change it around quite quick, every week/month/year it improved. Which is awesome.

Talking about the in-forum badge. Looks like there is even an ancient badge... Didn't know about that one!
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I feel like furniture, old and used.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Yeah I stayed away from StinkySteam too until those evil Valve folks decided to shut down WON and force everyone onto Steam for CS. Heart of hearts I still miss WON :(
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What 10 year badge? I see no badge!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited April 2014
    Metroid Prime and the rest of it's trilogy.

I'm still replaying it to this day.
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Congrats.

I've been playing Tribes for about ten years. Do yourself a favor and don't look for games that came out ten years ago.. it will make you feel old.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Classic Doom (+Doom II and Final Doom) best games I've ever played (and still play).

Just so many secrets I keep finding ;)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Link's Awakening/Ocarina of Time, etc.

Also, the age of empires series. But yes I agree, NS is dope!
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I played Counter-Strike since I was in 3th or 4th grade (~2002/03). Gone through the CS betas, CS 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, CS:S, and now CS:GO. I had my TFC/DOD/NS1 binges, but CS was always my go-to FPS game... almost dropped out of high school to go pro during the golden era of 3D vs. NiP/SK, but decided against it (thank god).
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Well done on 10 years of NSing!

Games:
    Eye of the Beholder
    Cannon Fodder
    Turrican
    Shadow of the Beast (not that I ever got *close* to finishing this, props to the longplay peeps)
    Secret of Monkey Island
    Silk Worm

The rest of my memory got fried by drugs ...

Again, well done :)
    edited April 2014
    Tribes.. cs when WON was around..loved all the n64 Zelda's (ocot was the best).. still have been playin super smash bros (from n64 to the one on the wii) with a buddy...ns1 (no idea what build) and I was like... 9-12yrs old. Makes me feel old.

Sadly I haven't been playing any games recently. Can't really find a good one right now.
  • QubeQube Join Date: 2014-03-01 Member: 194434Members
    edited April 2014
    Tales of Series. I have never finished a single one as of this date.

Tales of Phantasia gets a special mention, having played through the thing in different years 4 times. During a playthrough, I would reach the last area, complete all the secret dungeons, and after having done so, never finish the game. With four different playthroughs.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Qube wrote: »
    Tales of Series. I have never finished a single one as of this date.

Tales of Phantasia gets a special mention, having played through the thing in different years 4 times. During a playthrough, I would reach the last area, complete all the secret dungeons, and after having done so, never finish the game. With four different playthroughs.

I have done that with more games than I care to mention (including ToP :P). I think it's an ADD/ASD thing
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

I've watched/played these when I was still wearing diapers. I play both at least twice a year. Same with Simon the Sorcerer. And yes I play the 3rd one too and enjoy it but the first two stand alone and always will.

Early steam days + dial-up internet = a hard earned game of CS (if the phone rang someone was gonna die)

Edit: Also, I still own the original boxes. Floppy disks. Even the decoder wheel (dat anti piracy)
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Starcraft and Half Life.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Wonid!! G4b2s. Voogru. [Bad]. All these old school memories.. reminiscing on days of focus super skulks, redemption onos, acid rocket fades...

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2014
    There was a clan in ns2 with a lot of former g4b2s-ers.... I couldnt find any others willing to get ns2 though...
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Saltlick wrote: »
    ... Do yourself a favor and don't look for games that came out ten years ago.. it will make you feel old.

No kidding. Of course it doesn't help that I remember pumping quarters into a Mario Brothers arcade twenty years prior to that. NS has definitely kept my attention longer than anything else though...
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Counter-strike
    Halo
    Serious sam
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    Master of Orion 2, Alien Swarm (it started as ut2k4 mod), Diablo 1&2, various c&c titles, warcraft2&3, certain snes games.
    And, of course, Natural Selection 1&2 :)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited April 2014
    ezekel wrote: »
    Counter-strike
    Halo
    Serious sam

Serious sam, I do wonder when SS4 is coming out.
    Great series, similar to doom, but more mayhem and "HELL YEAH" moments.