Subnautica Pre-Alpha Screenshots Continued! - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Pre-Alpha Screenshots Continued! - Subnautica

Right now, it is day 3 of PAX East 2014. Hundreds of PAX attendees are playing a pre-alpha, early version of Subnautica for the first time inside the Unknown Worlds booth. To celebrate, we are releasing more in-game screenshots! See the first two in Fridays reveal post. This is the Koosh Bush Zone – An area of the environment featuring lots of different sizes of Koosh bush, among which creatures dart about. These glowing, pulsating orbs are examples of the multitudes of unique flora that Subnuatica will feature. Note that the little turquoise balls on the Koosh bush are glowing – Sure to be a spectacular light show when the sun goes down… Being underwater means Subnautica’s environments can take …

Read the full story here

Comments

• BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    edited April 2014
    Woah! I got to watch out so I don't over hype myself by looking at these pictures. Very impressed

Edit: I just noticed that light blue thing on the the right arm of the player. Could it be an early version of an armwrist computer or some other sort of information displayer? Like oxygen remaining, time , preasure measurer with a warning signal?
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    edited April 2014
    Looks great, can't wait to hear what the gameplay is going to involve.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    interesting but having seen a few udnerwater based games developed by indie companies that looked good yet failed with sales im not so sure the setting was a good move financially

check out depth as an example
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited April 2014
    Can I see the water filled Subnautica pc's?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ricez wrote: »
    Looks great, can't wait to hear what the gameplay is going to involve.

I've seen it described as "an underwater exploration and building game".

So I hope there is colony building or something to make the exploration more exciting and rewarding :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    There is more than just that, in fact the elements not yet mentioned there (but was explained at the booth at PAX by myself) is what makes people to ( include myself, hehe) very excited.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    There is more than just that, in fact the elements not yet mentioned there (but was explained at the booth at PAX) is what makes people to include myself, excited.

You tease :P