How to list a Server within the Server Browser as (LAN) ?

The_SupersonicThe_Supersonic Germany Join Date: 2013-12-25 Member: 190777Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 21 Advanced user
edited March 2014 in Server Discussion
Hi Everybody,

we have a little problem atm on our LAN Party. If ppl open the Server Browser, also Internet Servers will be listed. Okay, so far so bad, but i know there is a method to list LAN servers with a special Title Tag. Like (rookie friendly) there is also a (LAN) Tag. But how to activate it? With it , it would be at least possible to filter Server Names with (LAN).
Server Admin of "Onos Krematorium Koeln (GER)"

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,831 admin
    edited March 2014
    Just choose a unique name for your lan server, like xys awesome lan then filter after name, problem solved ;)
    Post edited by GhoulofGSG9 on
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    I vaguely recall this option being removed...

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    Lan servers always show up as "name(lan)" if that helps
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.