Making Exos Viable Again

1235»

Comments

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think the welder tool on an Exo is a good idea. That will make them OP as a team of Exo no longer require support of their marine buddies. Which will make them more like a HA train push of NS1 (some might say that is a good thing). I am thinking of pub balances here, you could potentially have a team made of entire Exo (HA), leave 2 in base for defense (in a 7v7 or above) have a strike team of 4 Exo that have infinite ammo and can weld each other. No one thinks that is OP?? I am also not for having hidden rules to balance this out (eg. Exo welder can build, but can't repair - that just doesn't make sense). On top of that, if you let Exos build, they can pump out an arc siege and defend it easily (sit back and take down a hive). What can possibly go against 4 turtleing Exos guarding a group of ARCs.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    To be honest. If they can aford w3/a3 exo push with the whole team in exo, that is a huge HUGE res investment. Combine that with arcs and yes.. I do say they deserve to win with that.

But what if aliens have equal res?
    Onos rush base & gg?
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    To be honest. If they can aford w3/a3 exo push with the whole team in exo, that is a huge HUGE res investment. Combine that with arcs and yes.. I do say they deserve to win with that.

But what if aliens have equal res?
    Onos rush base & gg?

I do say they deserve to win with that to !
    And canon folder teamwork= OP, in all games

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thats a good point. I guess what I suggested is a bit of a unlikely scenario with one side so far ahead in res, its pretty much game over so no counter is fine (same as having multiple oni I guess). Though I still stand by the point of a welding Exo with unlimited ammo is OP as 2 of them can probably hold off waves and waves of assaults down a long hall.
    Thats a good point. I guess what I suggested is a bit of a unlikely scenario with one side so far ahead in res, its pretty much game over so no counter is fine (same as having multiple oni I guess). Though I still stand by the point of a welding Exo with unlimited ammo is OP as 2 of them can probably hold off waves and waves of assaults down a long hall.

Nah, 2 onos can take them down, they have just one gun
    each.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Since 1 tres for full ammo in all weapons everything has unlimited ammo.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited March 2014
    orbitalshape has a point. a non dualwield exo will lose vs a onos with upgrades stampeding down upon it, let alone a group of oni.
    And of course aliens should bring bilebomb gorges, skulk munchers and umbra lerks.
    Fades can blink around as decoy or something. :D

>edit. lols, typed decay and not decoy<
    I like to read samo dev opinions about this, cuz now as it stands, there is no point in geting second com .
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Scatter wrote: »
    Modular Exos may be of interest.

U are now dev,shot your mouth, JK
    This is awesome can i down this and start server ,will it work,i mean .
    There is something u dont see every day thanks god !
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Scatter wrote: »
    Modular Exos may be of interest.

Wow, Scatter, that's awesome!

I'm not in a position to say how much this improves exos in the grand scheme of things, but it certainly looks freaking brilliantly fun and definitely along the right lines!

If this implementation of modular exos went live and official, it'd certainly be a step towards carving out a heavy armour-like paradigm for exos to fill. I'm totally all for it and I'd love to know how this affects gameplay.

Cons - Thats alot of interface for a small corner of the game. Could do with some srs simplification to get it to fit in with everything else. But holy moly, I didnt even think it was possible, such good work!