Filter Full Servers - Server List Has A Million Full Servers

AchillesAchilles Join Date: 2013-04-20 Member: 184907Members
I'm so, so, so, SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS, I'M NOT GOING TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE.

I filter my servers so that 'full servers' shouldn't show up.

Sure enough, half or more of the servers are yellow because they are full or even overpopped.

Seriously. Such a basic fail on such a basic level. This is the only game that makes that mistake and hasn't fixed it in I don't know how long, and I'm so beyond frustrated that I won't be playing until it's fixed.

Comments

• NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    If its yellow, you have to have a reserved slot. Besides, how will you know when its fixed if you don't play?
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    I'm still waiting for the fix for where the game doesn't connect to a server the first time you click (it loads forever to kick you back to the main menu though, so that's fun I guess?).
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get alot of duplicated servers inside my server browser, as well as servers that have crashed and cannot be joined or don't exist anymore. For the crashed/invalid servers their ping still changes when the browser is refreshed. Also, "unknown" in server list has been broken for a very long time now.

I also get what @HeatSurge‌ has said, my first few connects are always long and always failed due to "could not establish a connection" or some other message.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Clean up your history ( delete %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\HistoryServers.json ) and use this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230409135

It adds tons of filter option ( one is to filter all full + only reserved slots left servers ).
    Only the roundtime is not really working ;)

Also having a good fav list helps alot (specially in times where the steam master server is down again ).
  • NezzyNezzy UK Join Date: 2014-01-08 Member: 192789Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    See you later buddy!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    LOL These forums never cease to amaze me.

Even if you don't filter full servers out... I'd be willing to bet you have around 20 populated servers? It must be very difficult to sift through all of that data.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    Sigh http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230409135
    Instead of raging, try and search for a solution to your problem. This was fixed in a mod like a month+ ago, so really your loss for not searching earlier
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Why are we encouraging these types of people to stick around? If they're going to throw a hissy fit at (literally) the tiniest thing wrong with the game, do we even WANT them around? I'd much prefer a quality player-base than a large player-base, if forced to choose.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We want them around. They are generally quite funny when they freak out in servers.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    U man, u, U need attention. That is why u mad,not because game.
    If u don't won't it,u will not be posting this!
  • Brad2810Brad2810 Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184313Members
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the fix for where the game doesn't connect to a server the first time you click (it loads forever to kick you back to the main menu though, so that's fun I guess?).

i beleive it was posted on the tech support forums, it's caused by that new option for extra precaching i think. try disableing it, worked for me.

the bug i want fixed, is the BLOODY MOUSE BUG in the menu. ;( luckily there is always someone to join off steam so i don't have to battle it. :D

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Sigh http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230409135
    Instead of raging, try and search for a solution to your problem. This was fixed in a mod like a month+ ago, so really your loss for not searching earlier

Not to sound as obnoxious as your post is, do you really think this is acceptable? That the game should be left with blatant issues and your only answer to it is that he should be getting fixes from the community? With this and the recent mineshaft issue requiring people to download mods to fix blatant game problems instead of getting a hotfix or developer support to address these issues, I'm starting to draw comparisons with the reliance of the community mods of bad pc ports like Dark Souls and deadly premonition. You can say that indie teams are small and can't fix everything, but it's still a paid product and as a paid product it should be held to the same standards as any other game on the market.

A vulgar video that sort of touches on the subject, judge however you like.