Titanfall?

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So apparently ns2 players are the most jaded kind of player, judging by the responses here.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    More-so we are not quick to get on the super-hype train.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    i think it's more likely that the people who are still playing NS2 and posting on the forums as often as some people in this thread aren't as likely to be a fan of a such a drastically different FPS. plus it's like half a dozen people, i'd venture to guess the majority have a different opinion.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jekt wrote: »
    From the beta videos I watched, the game would be better if there were no titans in it at all.

Maybe they are like exos after all... :D
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited March 2014
    The only future this game has is paid content that's already been made

No rentable dedicated servers, adjustments via console, and limited options is an instant no-buy, not even worth testing/trying out

I've been through enough new generation cods to know that these games are absolute crap when you actually want to enjoy them, I played so many hours of cod4 that when majority of the features were stripped in the next version I was dumbfounded, the developers/publisher literally strive to make sure no call of duty ever builds a community ever again and that the 'casual' base keeps re-buying the franchise every year, leaving the hardcore in the dust and unsupported.

Titanfall follows that same lead. Excuse all the hate, these developers/publishers have left a permanent negative impression which will never lift
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I never played any of the COD's, so I can't comment on the alikeness of Titanfall to COD. But I liked the beta a lot and am looking forward to release. The devs just got the pacing right. Everything is smooth and seamless. All I'm hoping for is a game mode that offers some deeper tactical gameplay and some true team play. Although I think that might a bit much to ask from a AAA-shooter.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I may have given it a try if EA wasn't the publisher.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    james888 wrote: »
    So apparently ns2 players are the most jaded kind of player, judging by the responses here.
    Not really by judging the general feeling on the interweb.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Moved to off topic.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Most competitive gamers, Will not like this game. I personally only play FPS games that are highly competitive & involve much more then a go out and shoot everything in front of you kind of games like this and Call of Battlefield.

It's no surprise that casual gamers love this game. That's what it appeals for. The average weekend gamer that has no real care or sense of achievement over performing at a high level. Ezekiel sums it up perfectly.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fun game, But falls a bit short of what I expected. Also I am not much of a fan of 'mech' games, if that is how you would categorise it.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014

still has more advanced movement than ns2. (not even including wallrunning :p)