dreams and ns2

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I'm wondering if dreams of people get affected by ns2.
For me it does.

Sometimes when i dream i travel threw phasegates, for the rest everything looks normal.
Also i tend to build armories for an onos block's in door openings.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I was chased by an onos a few weeks ago. Most terrifying dream ever. You know that rush of adrenaline when you see an onos charging at you from the other room, and it's not exactly hopeless yet, but you gotta move if you want to get out of there? Imagine that for what felt like a good half an hour. Woke up sweating! lol
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    You guys were marines. I was the kharra. Further more, I was the hunter not the hunted.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh god so many dreams about NS2. If I'm not dreaming about NS2, I'm dreaming about protein crystallography, and let me tell you I'd much, MUCH rather be dreaming about flashing my lerk or missing a shotgun shot than that.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Oh god so many dreams about NS2. If I'm not dreaming about NS2, I'm dreaming about protein crystallography, and let me tell you I'd much, MUCH rather be dreaming about flashing my lerk or missing a shotgun shot than that.
    Oh I know that feel, I've been dreaming lately that I'm coding something... in machine language. :-S
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I recall a while back, I had a dream I was a fade, and there were... Marines... Trying to pinch me :O That is true fear.
    Eventually I escaped and I think I went to work in a science lab figuring out how to use blink/SS to travel through time.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jolted awake once with my trigger finger twitching. Guess what I was dreaming about?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Surprisingly, no. You would think I'd have at least one dream about gorge plushies.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Surprisingly I dont have ns2 dreams. I think it's too much of a free flowing and active thing to get caught up in my brain like that... However games like X-Com (new one) and Age of Empires and other rts games definitely influence my dreams! I'll be looking down on my units or sometimes will wake up very confused, going in and out of sleep thinking it's my turn, then I'll toss n turn, then it's the enemy's turn. This repeats several times before I realize it's time to get outta bed.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I dream about ns2 EVERY Night. sometimes mixed in with dreams about other games. (I have alot of dreams about axe. just saying. i have a sort of man crush on that red man)

Alot of them are 18+ So to protect the youngling skulks i will not post them here..
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Take your unpleasant personal abuse elsewhere, scatter. - @AurOn2
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't even have dreams often, I'll admit sometimes I'll have one - when I was younger I know I had them, I can still remember some of them in detail

People say I'm just not remembering the dreams but I don't buy it - I literally just fall asleep and wake up with no in-between
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Whew Ok, I thought I was alone on this.

I've had long elaborate games take place, surprisingly. As in hours of strategy and yelling at rookies...

Not sure whether to classify those ones as dreams or nightmares though - a good 4 hours of frustratingly yelling at rookies not to bite the power makes you feel pretty drained upon waking..
    And also like you're the world's biggest nerd. :-P
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Most oddly timed timed post ever.. I had the weirdest NS related dream last night.

There was a bunch of marines inside the Atrium hive discussing some important strategic matter when a group of alpha armors began a witch hunt against deluxe armors- and our secret base was outside of the map just beyond the glass dome. Eventually the deluxe armors rebel and kill off all the SE's in a standoff at ventilation but me, and I'm running for my life to atrium to glitch outside of the map to the top of the glass dome in an attempt to escape.

Now the odd part of this dream was that there were no rifles or firearms of any sort. All combat took place with the use of just glass beer bottles, pint glasses, and ale chalices/goblets. I remember vividly throwing broken bottles at marines.

If you're wondering, yes I drank half my body weight in alcohol the night before having this dream.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Weed and alcohol prevent said dreams...or at least me remembering them
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is possible. I still do after long periods of playing NS2. Here is one way I did in a pervious thread of similar context.
    ellnic wrote: »
    Last night I had an odd dream. NS2 was happening on my street and a hive was in my garage. I was also a skulk and I went back to my garage to evolve into an onos and then a marine came and started to shoot my egg. When my egg started to take damage a crocodile spawned next to it to defend it and I took control of it. I then went outside my garage door to attack the marine then he turned into a velociraptor and then started to bite me. Them me as a Big croc bit the raptors neck and killed it. After that they both disappeared and I was an onos. Weird?!? On that note I think eggs should spawn crocodiles to defend them.

This was 2 years ago and here is the thread in case of any interest in what other people dreamed of
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/120147/i-dreamed-about-uwe/p1
  • N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
    Dont remember it, other than the head dude of uwe was doing some kungfu, karate causing havok. I was scared.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Roobubba, another scientist. I was playing on Hyperion last Saturday, and met 3 other scientists (1 was a medico, 1 molecular biology student, and a entomologist (I think) + me as a molecular biologist). I joked its fitting Scientists playing a game call Natural Selection.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    There is no time to sleep/dream when there is NS2 to be played
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    I've woken my other half up during the night shouting "get through the phase gate!" in my sleep.

Annoyingly in NS2 dreams I'm just as crap as I am in real life.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    One mine friend haved nightmare about sculks chaseing hem- 5-6 of them,he woke up instantly. Good he dont have firearms, he may grab shotgun and run outside :-)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I had a dream the other day I was on an excursion with some friends to Exeter, ended up missing the last train and having to run around exeter trying to find somewhere safe to sleep because the aliens were coming out- eventually we came across the alien hive in the middle of a burned out train station just as several onos eggs were hatching. I think we got chased into the car park and were trying to get coaches home but the drivers were being uncooperative and didnt care we were being hunted by aliens QQ
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited March 2014
    I never had a dream about NS2, but as a mild off topic, I will tell you about a non-NS2 dreams I had the day before yesterday.

In this dream, I was typing something on my computer, with my window slightly ajar for ventilation. I live at fifth floor, so I was shocked when a hand reached from below outside the window, and opened it wide. A middle aged man dressed in a business suit then climbed into my apartment, exhibiting no signs of physical exertion, followed by other five or six men and women, all looking very casual and calm. They went through my flat to the door leading outside, changed their shoes to comfy fluffy slippers (identical 5 or 6 pairs of slippers I never noticed having), and exited my place. The last man then sealed my door with something resembling a police tape, only saying "CIA tape, do not cross", and calmly told me:

"Your apartment has become a territory of the United States of America. Please do not go anywhere, do not break the seal, and wait for further instructions."

"But.. but, I would like to offer an explanation!" I replied.

"No explanations are necessary," the man calmly assured me. "Remember, we know everything."

With that sentence, I woke up.