Question: What happened to Spark Editor?

UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
edited March 2014 in Mapping
Due to some disabilities, I was able to move around in Spark using the W,A,S,D keys including the mouse.

How do you move around now? This is pretty depressing that I can't move around as I used to.

What's with the whole - "Found a Hole" thing? What happened to "What you see, is what you get" standard?

And where is everyone? haha

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You right click, then you press WAS or D.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    UncleRay wrote: »
    Due to some disabilities, I was able to move around in Spark using the W,A,S,D keys including the mouse.

How do you move around now? This is pretty depressing that I can't move around as I used to.

What's with the whole - "Found a Hole" thing? What happened to "What you see, is what you get" standard?

And where is everyone? haha

what?

I promise, I read your post twice... and it still makes no sense to me. :/

You move around in the spark editor by holding the right mouse button and using WASD.

Finding a hole in a map is just a fun little discovery. Means the mapper missed something or made a mistake. Not sure what that has to do with a WYSIWYG interface.

And we're all right here... though it's true some have been leaving, citing a lack of any sort of updates to the tools. :(
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    edited March 2014
    Well,

Figured out the movement on my own, but thanks guys!

I'm still pretty confused as to what happened to the editor. It seems a little... bland now.

EDIT:

Anyway: Rolling back to previous version. The one that worked properly.
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Well, except some new bugs and crashes the Spark Editor is still pretty same since release. Only the new Check hole tool is something I haven't still figure out.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Bland as in no lighting? You can haz lighting in your 3D viewport by selecting it from the dropdown menu in the window (top-left)... Or am I misunderstanding something here...
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Kouji - What I mean is that the spark editor has become this "3D Modeller" of some sorts, and most of the usual keyboard shortcuts have been changed... again.
  • doesephdoeseph Join Date: 2009-11-22 Member: 69467Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    You can change the keyboard shortcuts yourself. Tools > Settings > Keybindings.