Dropship Update (263) Released - Natural Selection 2

1234568»

Comments

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    serious bugs with kodiak and custom maps and mods...no commander navigation except for arrow key use, no clicking on mini maps/overlays, only keyboard shortcuts called commands...it comes and goes very odd very unreliable
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    People may forget not everyones hearing is the same.
    Skulk sound is drowning out everything else for me. If I lower sound, it still drowns out everything else.. so it wont make any difference.
  • SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    edited February 2014
    People may forget not everyones hearing is the same.
    Skulk sound is drowning out everything else for me. If I lower sound, it still drowns out everything else.. so it wont make any difference.

The people saying its fine must have some of the worst audio equipment. I got severe tinnitus and can still hear skulks over rifle fire before they enter the room, I can also hear any small drop from a wall. My volume? 50% ingame 10% windows. I just dont use garbage for audio equipment, must be some severe hearing impariement if someone think it sounds fine.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2014
    Once I learned what an approaching skulk sounds like, I never had a problem with "silent" walljumping skulks anyway.

The sounds made sense before- the abrupt stops to the growling sfx were coherant with muscular bracing one would expect when powerfully jumping from a wall.

Realistically the skulks would need 3 mouths to make the sounds they're making at the moment
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Once I learned what an approaching skulk sounds like, I never had a problem with "silent" walljumping skulks anyway.

The sounds made sense before- the abrupt stops to the growling sfx were coherant with muscular bracing one would expect when powerfully jumping from a wall.

Realistically the skulks would need 3 mouths to make the sounds they're making at the moment

Mouth, nose and...
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    edited February 2014
    Mvp wrote: »
    Why no Mac OS X support?

+1 for me. To have to switch into Bootcamp to play is a barrier for me. If I could launch the game directly from OSX I would likely play again. I understand we're a small % but until that day I'll just wait!

I thought it would be much easier to support OSX with the Linux support that was added (OpenGL)