Launch game crash since last update

fathang2005fathang2005 Join Date: 2007-09-26 Member: 62439Members
Since last update, I cannot launch Ns2 anymore, everytime when I launch the game it crash instantly, before the last update everything works fine.
in DEBUG report, I had submitted my email address fathang2005@gmail.com, can the developer take a look in the debug report? thanks

Date: 02/19/14
Time: 13:02:18:
Build 263
Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601)
Steam initialized
Num displays: 1
OpenGL 4.3.0 initialized (NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2)
GLSL version 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
ARB_texture_storage extension present
ARB_get_program_binary extension present
Error: SoundSystem::SetDevice - invalid ID
Sound Device:  (High Definition Audio 愯) stereo
Record Device: disabled
Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
Loading config://HistoryServers.json

Comments

• SitharthaSithartha Join Date: 2006-12-06 Member: 58927Members
    Same to me. Just sending reports and waiting for fixing this.
  • GeekGeek Colorado Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10346Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    This was happening to me, I closed MSI Afterburner On-Screen Display and I was able to load the game. It loads black and uses lots of CPU until you click and crashes with the overlay running. Try looking for overlays, or things like FRAPS and close them down and see if the game runs for you.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Why are you using opengl? Its in Beta.
    The only *officially* supported renderer is DX9

also like @geek stated .. all overlays (except steam) will have compatibility issues with NS2. Be sure all your mumble/teamspeak /msi overlays are disabled.

Also i dont see any error in the OP's print out... What are you symptoms when it crashes? black screen? is there a debug menu? what is the error in the debug menu? (sending it sends it to the office, who may or may not be able to help you, but we can help you faster here)
  • fathang2005fathang2005 Join Date: 2007-09-26 Member: 62439Members
    IronHorse wrote: »

also like @geek stated .. all overlays (except steam) will have compatibility issues with NS2. Be sure all your mumble/teamspeak /msi overlays are disabled.

Also i dont see any error in the OP's print out... What are you symptoms when it crashes? black screen? is there a debug menu? what is the error in the debug menu? (sending it sends it to the office, who may or may not be able to help you, but we can help you faster here)

In previous release, I have much more FPS if I use OPENGL, thats why I use it.
    Geek wrote: »
    This was happening to me, I closed MSI Afterburner On-Screen Display and I was able to load the game. It loads black and uses lots of CPU until you click and crashes with the overlay running. Try looking for overlays, or things like FRAPS and close them down and see if the game runs for you.

I dont have any overlays problem running behind and I still cannot launch the game :(
    IronHorse wrote: »

Got Blackscreen after I launch the game from steam.
    a DEBUG menu pops up.

PoFEug7.jpg
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    What happens when you run the game in DX9 mode? Does it work or do you still have errors?
    edited February 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    What happens when you run the game in DX9 mode? Does it work or do you still have errors?

I cant go into the game and change the display setting. any ideas? somehow I guess I am using OpenGL. Tried to delete the game and reinstall, still crash!
    If you go into %appdata%\natural selection 2\ and delete the file called system_options.xml, this will reset you and you will be able to go into options and reset everything.

well it worked, thanks!

• GeekGeek Colorado Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10346Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I also tried using OpenGL and black screens for me so something there is broken with overlays off.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If you go into %appdata%\natural selection 2\ and delete the file called system_options.xml, this will reset you and you will be able to go into options and reset everything.

well it worked, thanks!
    I recommend using the only officially supported renderer and when it works someone else gets the credit :-(
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @IronHorse - Agree'd, although he did try it but needed the options reset...
    It didn't sound like he tried it, but Meh, as long as it's fixed!
  • OrciviOrcivi Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-08 Member: 194583Members
    Hi
    I have the same problem on my windows 8 pc. I changed some stuff in graphics settings - it worked perfect until i restarded game :/
    Problem is that I can't find the %appdata%\natural selection 2\ file. Am I doing something totally wrong?
    @Orcivi‌
    its a hidden folder.. so 1) be sure you uncheck hidden folders in your folder options through windows 2) its typically located here: C:\Users\Ironhorse\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2