Server blacklist

MudNMudN Join Date: 2013-09-16 Member: 188280Members
Been meaning to post the suggestion

A blacklist option for servers. You have the Heart for Favorite, but I (hopefully more) would like to have a blacklist/unfavour. Don't much care whether it is table or a cyclic toggle or any other desired mechanism.

Cyclic Toggle being between no-heart [default]; White0heart [Favor]; or cracked-heart/red-heart/blue-heart/or even black(which might get confused with default empty heart) [Blacklist].

Thanks for consideration. [Nice looking site BTW]

Comments

• Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    +1

I've been asking for the blacklist feature since beta and it still is very very very relevant. Also:
    -When trying to connect to a server and then it suddenly is full, could we please get back to the browser and not main menu?
    -Could the browser please remember the search settings?
    -Could we please get an option to filter out the rookie servers. It really is a chore to avoid them.
    -Could we please get a queue system?
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    +1

Yes this is a 5 month bump, but I'd like to be able to blacklist servers running broken/unwanted plug-ins.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited February 2014
    OMG not another necro. If you want to discuss old thread, MAKE YOUR OWN TOPIC.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Why? When people make new topics they get slammed "OMG THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED B4 PLS SEARCH" then when they bump a relevant topic because they actually used the search they get slammed "OMG not ANOTHER necro"
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Don't worry, Cooltic hasn't quite grasped the difference between a relevant post on an old topic, and a Necro, but I'm sure they'll get there in the end.

As regards the blacklist itself, would the server still appear in the list? It would be a shame if you were to blacklist a server, only for it to improve dramatically and be one of the best in the game, and you missed out totally on the experience...
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I would love a blacklist option.
    as for the issue @Soul_Rider talks about, a toggle between show or not show blacklisted servers, just like favorites, would work fine.

Im going to start by blacklisting any server over 20 slots. :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love a blacklist option.
    as for the issue @Soul_Rider talks about, a toggle between show or not show blacklisted servers, just like favorites, would work fine.

Im going to start by blacklisting any server over 20 slots. :)

I would do that but too often here in NA there is nothing but 20+ slot servers open. I would rather have a player count slider bar. Minimum player count X and Maximum Player count Y. This would take the place of the hide empty server selection.

• ArthurDentArthurDent Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188904Members
    Server blacklists are nice. Having a way to favorite or blacklist a server while you are on the server would be even better.