How do I go about getting my money back for this game?

GorgutsGorguts Join Date: 2013-09-22 Member: 188410Members
edited January 2014 in Technical Support
Yeah so I bought this game when it came out for Linux. It worked for about 2 weeks then the update you guys did broke it and it hasnt worked since.
Game installs, and starts up fine, but when I join a server when it gets to the precaching part it just crashes to the desktop everytime...never fails.
I would like to get my money back and I would suggest you guys dont bother making games on linux anymore, you obviously dont know how.

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    My spare copy works fine on Linux. I installed it on Ubuntu 13.04.

*shrug*
  • GorgutsGorguts Join Date: 2013-09-22 Member: 188410Members
    Yeah it used to work fine. Ive tried it on arch, open suse, eos, ubunu 12.04, and linux mint 16....doesnt work on any of them, all fresh installs. All my other games work just fine.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Try the tech support forum, and give a bit more details on your system/crash report. There are some smart folks in there who might be able to help you.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Steam handles refunds
  • GorgutsGorguts Join Date: 2013-09-22 Member: 188410Members
    Neoken wrote: »
    Try the tech support forum, and give a bit more details on your system/crash report. There are some smart folks in there who might be able to help you.

Yeah I told them about the issue months ago

IronHorse wrote: »
    Steam handles refunds

Thanks I wasnt aware of this, thats awesome cause I figured if I had to go through the dev Id never get a refund since they cant even fix their own game theres no way in hell theyd be able to give a simple refund. Wonder if they need help eating food too?
  • BeerTentBeerTent Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169639Members
    edited January 2014
    joshhh wrote: »
    My spare copy works fine on Linux. I installed it on Ubuntu 13.04.

*shrug*
    Thees! ^^

Try running the game on a version of linux that has the libraries required for the game. Keep running outdated versions of your OS, and don't be shocked when things don't work. The problem is not with development, it's on your end. Here's a guide. I'm in no way "decent" with linux, so if I can get it to work, well... Open up for the spoon!

http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Linux_Guide
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    With that tone and arrogance towards the people you want something from (really smart move btw):
    I'm just wondering: Did that kind of behaviour ever work in your favour? Did you ever receive anything if you came across like you do here?

Well, good luck for the rest of your life - I have a feeling you're gonna need it.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope he will never be able to run the game on his machine. Clearly a problem on his end and he's blaming the dev team that cares the most for its community as far as I've seen.
    Maybe you get the 1$ back you payed for the game, go play some EA games and get out of here.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    Well you know the good old saying of:

Mostly to prevent further degradation and contamination of the internet, might be too late in general though. Your questions have been answered and your response contains even more bile, well played @Gorguts, well played indeed...

- If you require more tech support, start a new thread with info/specs etc... In a civilized manner.
    - If you want your money back, take it up with Steam in a civilized manner ;)
This discussion has been closed.