ns2_sws_metro

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited January 2014 in Mapping
A small train-station map for the "Skulks With Shotguns" mod. I've been working on this the past couple of days just to take a break from greyboxing, and finally get to detail something. Plenty of vertical play here: there's a lot of room underneath the tracks.
1beabe252d91730273a1fa87b2a2e2.jpg

Hoping to have something playable by Sunday afternoon for the SCC playtesting. http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133756/thanks-all-for-making-2013-sunday-playtests-a-huge-success#latest

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Aaand we're live! Pulled an all-nighter getting this thing ready for today!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213001658

443fa19b406535e7c9015c37b225dc.jpg

Minimal occlusion geometry at the moment, so draw calls are a bit on the high-side... but it should still be playable... I think.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    I'm tempted to convert ns2_th_pad to sws just by adding resource towers.

All credit goes to Kouji_San, who created the original map for modjam last year I believe.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Looks bloody awesome! but more pillars! its all about the wall jumping/ skulk movement.
    @DarkSeraph i wouldn't bother converting anything yet. We're still prototyping both gameplay and game systems/logic. We'll definitely be including Standard DM but we aren't certain on the spawning system we'll be using or what the entity requirements are.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Howser wrote: »
    Looks bloody awesome! but more pillars! its all about the wall jumping/ skulk movement.

@Howser Ah, you got it working I take it. I'll throw in some more stuff to jump off of in the next release.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Very pretty! We'll get the spawning sorted out so we can try this.
    @DaanVanYperen @Howser

hehehe, so did you guys like my ready room?
    Version 1.1.0 just released to the workshop! Only change is occlusion geo was added, but that is a doozey! Screenshot for your enjoyment.
    73e2ff1880d51794b93d11c9ebfc86.jpg
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Skulks with shotguns? What did I miss?

Looks neat, btw.

Looks neat, btw.

Thanks!

Skulks with Shotguns is a mod that's being made by a few members from the SCC (Spark Crafter Collective). At the moment, it's basically just free for all death match, where instead of bite, skulks have shotguns. It's great for practicing skulk movement and shotgun aim.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Ah this looks really cool.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Looks neat, btw.

Thanks!

Skulks with Shotguns is a mod that's being made by a few members from the SCC (Spark Crafter Collective). At the moment, it's basically just free for all death match, where instead of bite, skulks have shotguns. It's great for practicing skulk movement and shotgun aim.

I'm gone for TWO WEEKS and you come up with such AWESOMENESS? I feel betrayed.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Looks neat, btw.

Thanks!

I'm gone for TWO WEEKS and you come up with such AWESOMENESS? I feel betrayed.

Haha well... I only made the map, not the mod.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    We'll be announcing it properly when we have something decent to show. Not all the ideas are concrete yet and the mod is still lacking some functionality. Hopefully this Sundays test will give us some nice clips for a trailer.
    To anyone else wanting to make a map I'd recommend they hold out until its officially released as we work out the kinks in the spawning system and finalize the game mechanics for the team based mode and work on giving the it a visual identity.
    I can't seem to find this map on the workshop. I can find it just fine if I go through my content links, but if I try to find it like any other person would by searching, it doesn't show up. Yes, it's published public. Does anybody know what could be causing this?
    shi**ty workshop! Try changing your download region and republish? that fixed the one time i had workshop issues... other than that it might just be a case of waiting!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    As you know, @BeigeAlert, I had the same issue with ns2_sws_refinery, until it magically appeared at some point without me having to do anything. Hopefully it'll just take some time.
    Howser wrote: »
    shi**ty workshop! Try changing your download region and republish? that fixed the one time i had workshop issues... other than that it might just be a case of waiting!

Download region? Who or what is a download region???
    @Howser OOoooh I just checked, it's up on the workshop now! GOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGO add it to the server, quick!
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Mind moving up the spawns off the floors a tidbit to see if that fixes the spawning issues? :o If that doesn't fix it I'll give the code another once-over.
    Mind moving up the spawns off the floors a tidbit to see if that fixes the spawning issues? :o If that doesn't fix it I'll give the code another once-over.

Sure, but I think it's also pretty interesting that players only spawned from the "vanilla" spawns, and not the "shadow" spawns (or I might be mis-remembering that...)
    Okay I added more spawn locations to the map. Hopefully this leads to more diversity with where the battles take place. It all kind of happens in the center now.
    v1.2.1
    -Replaced shadow_spawn entities with vanilla_spawn entities. Players should now be spawning in the southern part of the map, in addition to a few extra areas.
    -Replaced tech_point entities with their corresponding static_prop models.