Who says marines can't win?

The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow

Comments

• The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Its a 1 minute 23 second clip.

Armor 1 ; Weapons 0.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    honestly, eclipse... its supposed to be more offensive but aliens aren't supposed to be too offensive

until higher lifeforms...
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Seems like a combination of interp and rookie
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ah wtf, its a cool clip, i enjoyed.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    nobody, nobody says that marines can't win.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    That was painful to watch. X_X
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Locklear wrote: »
    What a poor display of aim lol.. you were off center to the Onos (giant can't-miss-it rhino) for a good part of that.. and completely shooting walls at some points.

Idk which is worse. The poor rookie with his probably first onos.. your aim, or the fact that you decided to upload this.

:D

Ah I was waiting for your post on this.:P
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    This is comparable to winning the special olympics. Congrats.
  • The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh let the games begin, and subsequently end.

I never knew only rookies were bad at games, or had bad rounds. So I guess I must be a rookie every now and then. That person may very well be a rookie, may have just had an off night, could have been watching Netflix on a 2nd monitor, or may have been playing for months and is just not very good. You all say rookie so I guess he/she must be.

Has nothing to do with being proud or not; it simply was the most fun I've had with the game in a while. Kill or Killed, it wouldn't have changed that.

I didn't feel bad when I was 1st new to the game (NS) when I died. It was all a learning experience for me, as it still is today.

The title was mainly a back handed response to: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133747/game-is-broke-again-marines-losing-non-stop#latest - Or another post where someone puts:
    In many of my other threads I have said how badly marines get owned.
    Yes, my aim was off. I wasn't shooting the Ono's nose or butt (center of body). I'm sorry to have disappointed you in that regard. There are about a combined total of 1.5 seconds in the fight where I was busy shooting the flies on the wall. Seeing how I had already taken my sleeping pill and it had already begun to kick in by the time I started playing that round, I'd say I did good by hitting the flies. - Was it 1 or 2 edits to get to a half way descent flame?

Every Olympic is a special time.

What those of you who have responded, what you fail to get is that this isn't a "Look at me I'm uber cool" post.
    Its been said time and time again that most new people don't know the in-and-outs of the game. The "better" way of doing things. This shows "better" (maybe not best) type of movement that could be done doing a fight to help stay alive (I hear time and time again from people that can't kill skulks while in-game). Seemingly it shows, that you need to shoot them in the nose or butt in order to have good aim (Thx Locklear!) If you watch the movement & attacks of the Onos, you'd see that all he/she did wrong was to not turn with his mouse right before the attack. I kept going to the side of him/her and they didn't react in turn. So for those who have a hard time killing as an Onos, keep that one in mind.

As for the Onos. There's the lack of the mouse turn, but I'm also guessing that their PC isn't very good. At one point they are attacking a wall for 2ish seconds while I'm right behind them. It reminds me of myself before I upgraded. (Guess having a bad PC also made me a rookie.)

I would consider adding to the wall, but I have other things I need to take care of.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Who says marines can't win? Noobs.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "This is comparable to winning the special olympics. Congrats. "

Interesting, if somewhat foolish comment.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    The_Ranger wrote: »
    Was it 1 or 2 edits to get to a half way descent flame?

My post was actually a lot more harsh before I edited it.

Just being honest.. it's all well and good to solo an onos that is 100x more worse than you and missing like every gore.. On the other hand it's much more entertaining to see one marine a juke an onos of EQUAL skill and then kill him without any medpacks or jetpacks.. (doable by using props/terrain in a room - albeit rare)

Just being honest.. it's all well and good to solo an onos that is 100x more worse than you and missing like every gore.. On the other hand it's much more entertaining to see one marine a juke an onos of EQUAL skill and then kill him without any medpacks or jetpacks.. (doable by using props/terrain in a room - albeit rare)

... can you even kill an onos without at least one ammo pack? any onos that does to a single marine is almost by definition less skilled. by the third clip of not killing the marine, running away should be the overriding impulse... and marines can't chase that well.
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    The title was mainly a back handed response to: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133747/game-is-broke-again-marines-losing-non-stop#latest - Or another post where someone puts:

No offense but the fact that you have only weapons 0 armor 1 and there is an onos on the field only supports that thread.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Yeah, who says they cant win?

Unless of course they are against me with a good-enough team at my side.

@IronHorse @GISP, people are abusing flag button again... (CyberKun)

Why do I have to keep calling admins because of this?

It's actually quite easy for me to solo onos. But only if I have jetpack. Exo wont cut it.
    edited January 2014
    ... can you even kill an onos without at least one ammo pack? any onos that does to a single marine is almost by definition less skilled. by the third clip of not killing the marine, running away should be the overriding impulse... and marines can't chase that well.

I didn't count the clips used before I switched to the pistol, but after I watched the vid I noticed I had 1 clip left unused.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    coolitic wrote: »

It's actually quite easy for me to solo onos. But only if I have jetpack. Exo wont cut it.

when he said juked I don't think he meant fly.. so I assume he's talking about a reg marine. so exos and jps aren't in that equation.
    PaLaGi wrote: »

No offense but the fact that you have only weapons 0 armor 1 and there is an onos on the field only supports that thread.

Not so much, our team didn't have the best shooters, we held 0 ground and I'm sure they had most of the RTs and 2 hives at least. Best we had was 1 hive for about 5 mins.
  • MazzaMazza Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75194Members, Reinforced - Onos
    I once joined a game and the opposing team conceded straight away :p

I'm either just that good or the Onos Badge has fearsome hidden perks :D
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »

I can link a video clip of me juking an NSL player's onos on system waypointing railings without taking damage and bringing him to 2% before he escaped with a single shotgun at weapons 1. Weapons 2 or 3 and he would've died. Finding ways to survive in even the most impossible situations is what is entertaining imo.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    coolitic wrote: »

@IronHorse @GISP, people are abusing flag button again... (CyberKun)

Why do I have to keep calling admins because of this?
    @coolitic you dont, we see em anyways.
    Most of em...
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Congrats on killing a rookie who was obviously playing onos for the first time. The fact that you felt the need to upload and share this is sadder than his performance as an onos
    amoral wrote: »

I can link a video clip of me juking an NSL player's onos on system waypointing railings without taking damage and bringing him to 2% before he escaped with a single shotgun at weapons 1. Weapons 2 or 3 and he would've died. Finding ways to survive in even the most impossible situations is what is entertaining imo.

how many shots did you put into him? I feel like that's the very definition of overcommit... or pride at not being able to kill something that can't run faster than you. the real question would be, if you were dualing yourself, would your onos ever die to a single marine?
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited January 2014
    The onos player has 2.4 hours of NS2 experience according to his Steam profile.