Can't link with steam account

DilbertDilbert Alaska Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191837Members
I am new to the game so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but for some reason I can not get the game to track my stats while playing through steam. I have played 4-5 games and it is still showing zero time played and zero score. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Ok in generall only rounds played at whitelisted servers will count to your hive stats. See here for the whitelist: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist

Because i'm lazy and not willing to post everything again for the 100th time i'll just leave you a old post of mine here containing most things you might want to know about UWE Stats system called "Hive":

To give a start, i'll just list some facts about hive to clear things up:

1. By default all servers with 1+ mods enabled are not sending any datas to hive
    2. There are mods like "[Shine] Ns2Stats" enabling Hive back again.
    2.1 [Shine] NS2Stats allow you to easily opt out of any stats logging (either add a bot or just unload the plugin)
    3. Servers get whitelisted by uwe if there are enought round datas (~50) and will then show up at hive website.

4. LVL represent how experiment a player is as it is based on the sum of scores.
    5. Skill is the avg Skill rating reached in all rounds played . The exact current formula for the skill rating is unknown but it's based on w/l + k/d/a + score

6. If you find a server used by players to manipulate hive stats report it, it will then get off the whitelist.

After each round playerstats will be send to hive if player played more than 5 min of a round.
    Exact datas are printed into the server log and look like this:
    {assists = 5,nickname = "Ghoul",marineTime = 0,kills = 7,playTime = 483.76455432456,alienTime = 483.76455432456,deaths = 5,steamId = 49071975,isCommander = "false",isWinner = "true",score = 52,}

Keep in mention that the Skill formula changed quiet often in the last month and therefore is not final.
  • DilbertDilbert Alaska Join Date: 2014-01-03 Member: 191837Members
    Got it. Thanks for the info!