Server whitelist + player level

evilmaniacevilmaniac United States Join Date: 2013-12-20 Member: 190361Members, Reinforced - Shadow
It was my understanding that unmodded servers would be added to the server whitelist after they have completed 50 matches so players could gain experience points. My server is pure vanilla and has completed far more than 50 matches of which the majority have been 12v12. The server is still not allowing for players to gain experience. Is there something I am not aware of or something I am doing wrong ?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Ok because im lazy, you got those infos about the hive system right:
    Overall i think its time for uwe to make a clear informative blog post about the Hive, there are so many false informations around here. And those rumour spread because ppl have no source to rely to.

To give a start, i'll just list some facts about hive to clear things up:

1. By default all servers with 1+ mods enabled are not sending any datas to hive
    2. There are mods like "[Shine] Ns2Stats" enabling Hive back again.
    2.1 [Shine] NS2Stats allow you to easily opt out of any stats logging (either add a bot or just unload the plugin)
    3. Servers get whitelisted by uwe if there are enought round datas (~50) and will then show up at hive website.

4. LVL represent how experiment a player is as it is based on the sum of scores.
    5. Skill is the avg Skill rating reached in all rounds played . The exact current formula for the skill rating is unknown but it's based on w/l + k/d/a + score

6. If you find a server used by players to manipulate hive stats report it, it will then get off the whitelist.

After each round playerstats will be send to hive if player played more than 5 min of a round.
    Exact datas are printed into the server log and look like this:
    {assists = 5,nickname = "Ghoul",marineTime = 0,kills = 7,playTime = 483.76455432456,alienTime = 483.76455432456,deaths = 5,steamId = 49071975,isCommander = "false",isWinner = "true",score = 52,}

Keep in mention that the Skill formula changed quiet often in the last month and therefore is not final.

Just one thing i forgot to tell afaik @Acedude has to set your server onto the server whitelist by himself, so be a little patient, he mostly will enjoy his free time atm.

Merry xmas to you.
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll be whitelisting servers each Monday CEST. If you're not seeing your server on the whitelist on Tuesday - contact me.
  • xAlex79xAlex79 Sydney. Australia Join Date: 2013-12-29 Member: 191021Members
    Sorry to chime in here. I also run a server and I have been running it completely vanilla for a while now. Not sure if we had 50 10+ players matches so far and I was scratching my head as to why it wouldn't update our stats.

So in desperation I have added Shine admin and Shine NS2Stats (default settings) in hopes it would fix the issue and get my server to report stats.

So is that ok? Or should I get rid of them and just wait for Ace to pick it up and add my server to the white list?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    xAlex79 wrote: »
    Sorry to chime in here. I also run a server and I have been running it completely vanilla for a while now. Not sure if we had 50 10+ players matches so far and I was scratching my head as to why it wouldn't update our stats.

So in desperation I have added Shine admin and Shine NS2Stats (default settings) in hopes it would fix the issue and get my server to report stats.

So is that ok? Or should I get rid of them and just wait for Ace to pick it up and add my server to the white list?

You either need a vanilla setup or those mods so that the server starts reporting stats to hive. In both cases your server has to be whitelisted by Acedude before it gets displayed at hive.

Mods add tons of extra functions to your server which might be pretty usefull, but if you don't want to use them you will be fine with a vanilla setup.

To get the best out of Shine and NS2Stats you should read the following two wikis:
    Shine: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki
    NS2Stats: https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com/wiki

NS2Stats was never meant to enable Hive Stats as main feature, we just do so because we believe that a official Stats System should get every support we can offer.

NS2Stats.com is a very known statspage itself and is used since the ns2 beta and was created by the community as all other mods, so have a look at it ;)
    AceDude wrote: »
    I'll be whitelisting servers each Monday CEST. If you're not seeing your server on the whitelist on Tuesday - contact me.

So wait till Tuesday and your server should appear at the whitelist. To check if your server is sending stats just look at the ns2stats server list: http://ns2stats.com/server/index
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for all that info.

http://ns2stats.com/server/server/16863

does that mean it's sending it? What about the rounds from before I added NS2Stats?

Edit: Also my server is hosted behind a dynamic ip but has a constant domain. Will that impact the stats reporting?
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for all that info.

http://ns2stats.com/server/server/16863

does that mean it's sending it? What about the rounds from before I added NS2Stats?

Yes, your server is sending datas to ns2stats, yet it hasn't got a valid round log that's the reason why recent rounds is empty and the server is not yet in the server list.

All rounds will sum up (vanilla + ns2stats).

But it's fine now maybe you want to run sh_verify to set yourself as server admin at ns2stats.com (most ppl forget this).

If you need any help about Shine or Ns2Stats read the wikis. Server is burning down? Add me at Steam (GhoulofGSG9) and i'll come over with a water bucket.

Hope everything goes fine and have fun setting up your personal dream server (there are alot of shine plugins to discover). Missing any function you desire/dream off? Write me a PM ;)
    I ran sh_verify with my server key, assuming that's what needed to be done. Hopefully it's all good now.
    edited December 2013
    I ran sh_verify with my server key, assuming that's what needed to be done. Hopefully it's all good now.

Just "sh_verify" is okay no need to add anything. The mod gets the other needed datas automatically.

The only usage of sh_verify is that you show up as admin in the server list, so its easier for us and other users to contact you ;)
    When I ran sh_verify in game it said I did not have permission to use that command. Or do I need to do that in the RCON?

I have linked my steam with the NS2stats.com website and the server is registering properly as far as I can tell.
    edited December 2013
    When I ran sh_verify in game it said I did not have permission to use that command. Or do I need to do that in the RCON?

I have linked my steam with the NS2stats.com website and the server is registering properly as far as I can tell.

That just means you don't have access to the given command.

Look at this: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users

The easiest way to get access to all commands is a group like this:
    "SuperAdmin": {
    "IsBlacklist": true,
    "Immunity": 100,
    "Commands": [ ]
    },

Thanks again. Sorry i'm such a noob. I think I have it all setup where I want it.

Also OCed the server to 4.3ghz and now there is no more lag or rubber banding when we go at 14~20 users.

Now all that's left is the whitelist!

edited January 2014
    Having issues with my userconfig and being able to verify. When I log in to my server and type in the console sh_verify it always tells me I don't have the permission for it.

Here is my ServerAdmin.json code
    {
    "groups": {
    "type": "allowed",
    "commands": [
    "sv_changemap",
    "sv_reset",
    "sv_say",
    "sv_cheats",
    "sv_slay",
    "sv_tsay",
    "sv_psay",
    "sv_status",
    "sv_help",
    "sv_rrall",
    "sv_randomall",
    "sv_votemap",
    "sv_switchteam",
    "sv_eject",
    "sv_password",
    "sh_verify",
    "sh_kick",
    "sh_ban",
    "sh_unban"
    ]
    },
    "Admin": {
    "type": "disallowed",
    "sv_ban",
    "sv_reset",
    "sh_ban",
    "sh_kick"
    ]
    },
    "Moderator": {
    "type": "allowed",
    "sv_kick",
    "sv_say"
    ]
    }
    },
    "users": {
    "Alex": {
    "id": 26321347,
    "groups": [
    "SuperAdmin"
    ]
    },
    "ShaperOfform": {
    "id": 115150122,
    "Admin"
    ]
    },
    "JustinHolmes": {
    "id": 84303135,
    "Admin"
    ]
    },
    }
    }

And here is my

UserConfing.json
    {
    "Groups": {
    "Commands": [ "sh_verify", "sh_kick", "sh_ban" ]
    },
    "Admin": {
    "IsBlacklist": false,
    "Immunity": 50,
    "Commands": [ "sh_kick", "sh_ban" ]
    },
    "Mod": {
    "IsBlacklist": false,
    "Immunity": 10,
    "Commands": [ "sh_kick" ]
    }
    },
    "Users": {
    "84303135": {
    "Group": "Admin",
    "Immunity": 50
    },
    "26321347": {
    "Group": "SuperAdmin",
    "Immunity": 100
    },
    "115150122": {
    "Group": "Admin",
    "Immunity": 50
    },
    }
    }

Anything wrong with these? I have been trying to fix them with no success. Any help would be welcome.
    edited January 2014
    Hi, ServerAdmin.json is purely vanilla and is not used by Shine, you only need it if Shine is not used.

Your Problem is this:
    {
    }

Your SuperAdmin Group is allowed to use any command except for sh_verify, sh_kick, sh_ban. That's how Blacklist Groups work.

Also ServerAdmin.json is not used once you load Shine as it uses it own userconfig.json instead.

Read throw this carefully: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users
    Hi, ServerAdmin.json is purely vanilla and is not used by Shine, you only need it if Shine is not used.

Your Problem is this:
    {
    }

Your SuperAdmin Group is allowed to use any command except for sh_verify, sh_kick, sh_ban. That's how Blacklist Groups work.

Also ServerAdmin.json is not used once you load Shine as it uses it own userconfig.json instead.

Read throw this carefully: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users

Ok so I have removed the commands and left the black list there.

Can I just delete the ServerAdmin.json? cause on my server log it seems to load it. I'll test this right now.
    It loads but shine overrides the vanila right management system. So it's kinda useless if you use userconfig.json. Just keep it for the case shine doesn't load up.
    All working, thanks for all the help!