Easy To Implement Anti-Greifing

tagwolftagwolf SF Bay Area Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182710Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
Please make the mute button also mute the following:

Chat (TEXT ALL / TEAM)
Commander Requests (Ammo/Meds/Orders)
etc.

Had way too many games ruined from comm spam and causing our team to lose. When vote kicking they just rejoin.

That is all.

Comments

• DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited December 2013
    Totally agree with this, why hasn't this been implemented already?

Orders should be limited to once every 3-5 seconds.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Servers I play on usually dont have the comm spamming stuff, it's actually the other way around. Players spam the comm with annoying requests.
  • null_pointer_exceptionnull_pointer_exception Join Date: 2012-03-29 Member: 149634Members
    The commander request spam issue is pretty bad. Aliens just make odd noises but the marines actually have drawn out requests. This gets annoying when it's over and over over. Not everyone is greifing, they are just full of themselves and like to make tons of requests, especially when they are alone and about to die. Maybe there should be an interval for making requests, though it seems surprising if there isn't one already.

Muting text seems like common sense.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    I've seen both commander and player order spam but it's mostly player for health packs and ammo.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    As you have suggested it now (and it has been suggested many times before) it should be fixed by Christmas. Of 2014.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I hate when players spam med or ammo requests so I try not to do it if I can help it. I'll ask it once, wait about 5-10 seconds, then ask once more. If nothing, I find an armory. If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.