Any news on New Weapons or Classes?

SGTMAYHEMSGTMAYHEM Los Angeles, CA Join Date: 2013-12-10 Member: 189987Members
Just wondering...any news on New Weapons or Classes in the near future?

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Don't think it's going to happen. I hope not anyway.
  • SGTMAYHEMSGTMAYHEM Los Angeles, CA Join Date: 2013-12-10 Member: 189987Members
    Why not? You don't want the game to evolve?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    SGTMAYHEM wrote: »

It will be something else for everybody to bitch about "OMG UWE STAHP CHANGING THE GAEM I JUS LEARN WTF IM DUNN"

Also it will be something else to re-balance the entire game again probably
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you keep adding new units and gameplay features besides maps then you're going to run into a lot of balance issues and design problems not to mention that some features can completely change how the entire game works which is a problem for players trying to get comfortable with the game. We saw a lot of rage on that with the release of reinforced and the 250 update.

New maps, new modes, new skins, new models are better for the game than a new lifeform or HMG or ability.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Because the game has good enough lifeforms/weapons already as far as variety goes. But they're still not balanced, can we balance those before we even CONSIDER adding more. Then realise we don't need more because the game is in a good place with a bit of everything.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold

I would like the game to be polished. I would welcome a better commander UI with status indicators about players' health and ammo. I would like an alien vision that does not hurt the eyes. I would like the meaningless features like babblers either reworked or removed.

But I don't believe in Stalin's "quantity is it's own form of quality". There were attempts in chess to enlarge the board and introduce new pieces, and it never ended well. For every new element you introduce, you must balance it with everything else, and once that balance is found, it's lost with all further changes too easily. No, I want convergence to some form of optimal state, not mad mass-production of new trinkets.
  • SGTMAYHEMSGTMAYHEM Los Angeles, CA Join Date: 2013-12-10 Member: 189987Members
    I can live with "New maps, new modes, new skins, new models".

Just don't let this game get stale :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can live with "New maps, new modes, new skins, new models".

Just don't let this game get stale :)
    I like my shadow skins. I am very excited for eclipse. Again though, why do we need new maps, new skins, and new models? If a game needs new content every few months to keep it from getting stale then the game must not of been quality. Ns2 is a quality game. The only game I have put more than 300 hours into, and I am approaching 1000 now.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope they follow through on the alternate ability for each marine weapon they initially wanted to do.

The rifle-butt only for the assault rifle is the current implementation, and it sort of sticks out because of it.
    The rifle-butt only for the assault rifle is the current implementation

It kind of stinks of failed experiment tbh.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    HMG possibly. Otherwise no.
    HMG would be cool, but I'm not sure it can be balanced.
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    I'm pretty sure the only weapon/class they've added in the last 10 years is the hand grenades unless you count the alien abilities
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you just continue to add new weapons without caring how they will balance with the current ones, you get TF2. And I don't think any of us want that.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Well, if the developers through we would be keen to pay for it's development, maybe.

I wonder what though, we already have everything in NS1 (minus HMG) plus more ... might be best to save that new intellectual property for the next UWE game :)
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Well, if the developers through we would be keen to pay for it's development, maybe.

I wonder what though, we already have everything in NS1 (minus HMG) plus more ... might be best to save that new intellectual property for the next UWE game :)
    *snip * Removed reinforced privileged info
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Twig wrote: »

*snip * Removed reinforced privileged info

SSSHHHHHHH.

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    There's a new official map in the works, and also some interesting custom maps that are being improved steadily by community mappers. New weapons/classes are very unlikely though.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    The game needs to be fixed. After that, the devs have the right to move on. Pestering them about constant content updates is out of place as this isn't a subscription or microtransaction based title. Once the mod framework is stable you'll have potentially unlimited extra content to choose from, as long as someone is left to make it.