The Number 5

NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
edited December 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
So I ran across something interesting today while playing on Docking. I noticed a floor sign that says Terminal 5.

oqGacha.jpg

The number and the border look strikingly similar to Squad 5, the little group that UWE has made and hands out badges for significant work in NS2.

Jzrt3Im.jpgsZygQfj.jpgkhyMC1L.jpg

What is the correlation between the two? I haven't searched on other maps yet to see if there are more references to the number 5. I know Bungie, the creator of Halo, has an obsession with the number 7. Is this a similar situation?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Why have I never seen this before? Was that added in b261?
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I don't think so. I've seen it before, but just never made the connection.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Well of course they use the same font silly!
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Lol Samus. I can tell. I was just wondering if there was more to it than just the font. Like this:

http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Seven
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't think there is any intentional elaborate secret hidden behind the text :)
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I don't think there is any intentional elaborate secret hidden behind the text :)
    :( That's too bad.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    We're through the looking glass here people.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    What about thiiiiis though?!

Denver-Botanic-Gardens-Logo.png

Loook familiar? Conspiracy much?! Does Alterra mean DENVER?! Is my hometown in danger of the Kharaa threat?! WE HAVE NO JPS!

Hehe, only joking. I've been a member there (beautiful gardens!) and obviously couldn't help but notice when biodome was released.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

He says there is no intentional elaborate secret hidden behind the text confirming there is a hidden secret...
    james888 wrote: »

He says there is no intentional elaborate secret hidden behind the text confirming there is a hidden secret...
    Hmm. Reverse psychology....interesting....lol

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited December 2013
    That five ha5 been there for a while. It5 becau5e of 5quad 5. 5 ju5t became the ob5e55ion 5urely there5 nothing wrong with that? (5ecret me55age hidden in5ide)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    While we are talking about Docking here, a dude asked me for phase gate in Maintenance Access. I was like, 'Sure, just build the power node' and installed ghost power node. He is all like 'Comm, there is no power node', and I'm 'no dude, it's right there look', 'no it's a wall'. And guess what, there is damn wall and the power node can only be seen by commander.
    Also, we had a match on Docking classic later, it was 37% more awesome than current docking
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    There is nothing to see here, this conspiracy is a conspiracy. Look into this little light please and everything will become clear :)
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    There is nothing to see here, this conspiracy is a conspiracy. Look into this little light please and everything will become clear :)
    Further confirmation that there is something to see here.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013
    The number 5 in NS2... hmmm :-?

5 and 2

5 - 2= 3

Natural Selection was originally a Half Life mod...

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!1!1!!!!
    Nazo wrote: »
    The number 5 in NS2... hmmm :-?

5 and 2

5 - 2= 3

Natural Selection was originally a Half Life mod...

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!1!1!!!!

5 in ns2. Wouldn't that be 5/2=2.5?