Getting started

progsteprogste Italy Join Date: 2013-11-30 Member: 189642Members
edited November 2013 in New Player Forum
Hey there! I've had the game for a while but just now strated playing it, so I tried some training and sandbox and now i wanted to try my first match, but when i go to look for a server i only find sandbox lobbies or people not doing anything, what do i need to do to start a match?

thanks for your help =)

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Step 1: walk into the huge words saying "join aliens/marines"
    Step 2: both teams need commanders, if new suggest you dont do it, some experienced dude will lose patience eventually.
    Step 3: eat/shoot your way to victory.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The NS2 server called "Noobs ONLY" and "Noobs ONLY#2" are a great place to start. They are regularly monitored by Admins to help train up new players and to keep Veteran players from taking advantage of them. I suggest you try them out.

Also you can check out my Youtube channel if you are looking for other material to help you learn the in's and out's of this complex game ;)
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    edited December 2013
    I have also created a group in which I have collected some tutorials, tips and tricks. (For example the one above me has done some informative videos on youtube)
    Some rookies have already joined. Feel free to join it too:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NS2Rookie