Is the server admin has the right to do this?

FreedomFighterFreedomFighter Join Date: 2013-12-04 Member: 189777Members
Was having fun with people in the room, and then the admin join the room and one shot everyone off with Flamethrower, even his own team. We were really furious about this.
Worst part is lot of my friends just got the game from Steam and HumbleBundle, instead of having a good first impression, this is what they got -.-lll

Comments

• lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Find another server.
  • FreedomFighterFreedomFighter Join Date: 2013-12-04 Member: 189777Members
    Already did, and remember the server and admin name, not going to play in that server again. Still, not much choice for us since there aren't not many server around Asia sector.

Should i post the name of server too, so people will avoid it?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Well to answer you question if he has the right... It's his server so yes he has the right as servers aren't a democracy. Is it a shitty thing to do, of course it is. You're indeed best of trying to find a different server, also just a heads-up, naming and shaming isn't allowed here.

Sucks that this was their first experience with the game :/
    Good thing i asked about naming and shaming first :(
    Well, i will try again another time.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Naming and shaming is rarely allowed ;)
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited December 2013
    if you guys are sitting in the RR and people want to join... open a locked server for u and or buds to just chat. personally, that admin is awesome for how he handled it lol

in game 1 shot flame!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have ran into a few admins doing this. To do this they have to turn cheats on. I am usually alone and not with friends so I can do this. I will make myself invincible and target him specifically ignoring everything else.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    random, nut I think someone could make a fantastic four mod... already have stretchy whips... invisibility... fire... just need a big human rock model. flame on?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Naming and shaming is rarely allowed ;)
    Shame on you, @SamusDroid!
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Discuss in private guys, forum isnt the place for this - GISP
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Readying tomatoes and eggs... To the pillory! Or is tar and feather the costum here? xD
    edited December 2013
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This sounds like sv_cheats 1. Followed by damage 1000.

It's ok, I'll get @Deco on the case.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was having fun with people in the room, and then the admin join the room and one shot everyone off with Flamethrower, even his own team. We were really furious about this.
    Worst part is lot of my friends just got the game from Steam and HumbleBundle, instead of having a good first impression, this is what they got -.-lll

If this isn't a server mod and cheats are enabled, you can do the same -> http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Console_Commands
    Sometimes cheats are enabled by admins when people are waiting for more people to join.
  • COLSWEETOCOLSWEETO Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183349Members
    That sounds hilarious. Don't be a Debbie Downer.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    What is this "room" sounds like you got killed in the ready room, which does not affect gameplay so who cares? And if you were in game, it sounds as if you guys were just tooling around, and figuring stuff out... Again no harm no foul.
    not RR, we're in the match.
    edited December 2013
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    I don't get the point of this thread.

What kind of "right" are you talking about? This isn't a ranked or regulated environment.

There is no "law," there are no rules.

If someone makes you angry, there are multiple ways to deal with it... I guess venting on some internet forum is one of them, so maybe I answered my own question there... but I wouldn't rank it high on the satisfaction scale. Personally, I find the most satisfaction in retribution - so there you go.