Humble Bundle. NS2 for 1$.

xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Just bought my bundle. Here's a free copy of ns2 for anyone who wants it. Humblebundle gift link:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=h2ThGWZGtf7K3K6Z

First person gets it :P
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Does anybody here NOT have a copy of ns2? I've seen like 3 of these today. XD
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Does anybody here NOT have a copy of ns2? I've seen like 3 of these today. XD

NS2 for one $, nobody can pass that up... nobody
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    That explains alot. What is wrong UWE. Thought we will wait for matchmaking till next sale :D
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2013
    They want to spread the game I guess. Might get them more supporters for their next projects. To gain a foothold in the gaming industry.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    There will be a lot of new faces about I guess.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Game costs less than a soda with the humble bundle, best to buy one for your friends.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    All in all, I've bought NS2 six times so far (1 Pre-Order, a 4-Pack and 1 HB).
    The 7th one will be a bundle that goes straight to my brother.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Hamlet wrote: »
    All in all, I've bought NS2 six times so far (only 1 HB). The 7th one will be a bundle that goes straight to my brother.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/GISP/inventory/#753 About ½ are left, rest is gifted to youtubers and streamers and stuff :D
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    xen32 wrote: »
    Discuss.

Not much to discuss, spread the word and realize that nearly every game you play for the next while is gonna have people new to the game. Go into games with that attitude, and it'll be a lot more enjoyable trust me.

If you want competent play, setup a scrim with regulars.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    People, go commander, even if you are not remotely good, you will be a hero for those greens. and playing as com is actually fun if you dont have the pressure of experienced players, so enjoy!
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    "Incoming Shipments of Raw Meat!"
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Asraniel wrote: »
    People, go commander, even if you are not remotely good, you will be a hero for those greens. and playing as com is actually fun if you dont have the pressure of experienced players, so enjoy!

Well if you have no idea what you are doing sometimes it is good to talk to the experienced players for advice.

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    just got it for 5 dolla, put it all toward uwe... to be fair, i'm almost definitely not going to touch the other games at all. So, donation... literally don't feel like taking the time to activate and download them on steam.
  • Sinistral_on_SteamSinistral_on_Steam MA, USA Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm going to get it for the charity. I already have all of the games in it coincidentally.

Yesterday when NS2 was on sale on Steam I replied to a thread in the Steam forums and predicted it could show up in a Humble Bundle soon. Sure enough, the next day.

Nice financial move having it on sale the day before it comes out for $1 in a Humble Bundle, UWE. Savvy. Sucks if you bought it then but UWE might as well get in a slightly better profit margin than what they'll get through the Humble Bundle when it effectively kills most sales here on out from Steam (who won't have NS2 after this bundle).

Sad to see it at 90% off and now for as little as $1. Doesn't make a strong statement towards UWE's finances.
    Let's just hope this ends up leaving the community and UWE better off than things were say a week ago. cheers_smiley.gif
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    I paid 40x that price for this game.... hmmm.... black armor, yay? venting. ignore.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Basically, the game is now free. Whoever "can't afford $1" has no access to a payment method. Still somewhat better than f2p.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »
    just got it for 5 dolla, put it all toward uwe... to be fair, i'm almost definitely not going to touch the other games at all. So, donation... literally don't feel like taking the time to activate and download them on steam.
    Speaking as someone who's far too addicted to this game, your doing yourself a disservice. They are all good fun games.

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Well the game would have more players if it was better optimised. Just putting it out there.
    @Turbine:
    Build261 feat. SamusDroid FTW!
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I just hope everyone here will encourage these new players instead of yelling at them (which I've seen in the past)
    Sad to see it at 90% off and now for as little as $1. Doesn't make a strong statement towards UWE's finances.
    Let's just hope this ends up leaving the community and UWE better off than things were say a week ago. cheers_smiley.gif

Selling the game at a cheap price is a way to encourage new players to the game, If we get 1M new players playing this is great news. Also if people love the game they be more inclined to purchase UWE's next
    game subnautica and future games to come.

All in all this is a great move for UWE and for the NS community
  • ShubawksShubawks Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185923Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great to see it on there. I had a few friends pick it up and we've been having a blast!
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    So, just logged off what started as a pretty good night. Alien commed a full team of greens to victory after a well fought match. The marines were mostly green also and had some trouble holding locations. Overall good times.

Until.

Late in the game a few badges show up. Then, after the map change, they all go alien and fade up. Complete pubstomp slaughter. Every effort to communicate was either scoffed at or ignored.
    Great job NS2 community. Way to keep that occupied server list down to less than one page.

Not sure why I still bother.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I think it would really help Rookie servers if there was an admin on as often as possible to stop stomps like that happening. I know that's a big ask but I suggest it as a temporary solution more than a "This is how it should be!" fix.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Also, anyone who is outraged at the profits UWE might be losing by such a low price should consider the additional re-enforced contributions that could come of the massive influx of new players. It's like a drug pusher giving the first one for free. ;)
    edited December 2013
    They could've put NS2 in the "beat the average" bracket and it would still be a steal.
    Speaking of BTA... why didn't you put it there?
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    They could've put NS2 in the "beat the average" bracket and it would still be a steal.

Because at about $4-5 it would have cost more than the steam flash sale and about the same as the 75% off it was at before that. Not so much a steal given that 75 off is fairly common
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    sotanaht wrote: »

Because at about $4-5 it would have cost more than the steam flash sale and about the same as the 75% off it was at before that. Not so much a steal given that 75 off is fairly common

It's 6 awesome games with bonuses later, not just NS2. I'd BTA if I didn't have at least one game from this bundle. But it's the first time when I had everything that is in the bundle (before buying bundle).
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    xen32 wrote: »
    sotanaht wrote: »

It's 6 awesome games with bonuses later, not just NS2. I'd BTA if I didn't have at least one game from this bundle. But it's the first time when I had everything that is in the bundle (before buying bundle).

I highly doubt many people would be interested in ALL of the games being offered. Myself I'm rarely even interested in half and rarely is there more than one that I actually really want.