BlueFangSolutions.com NS2 Game Server Hosting

Comments

• BluefangServersBluefangServers Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164763Members
    Hi Rusty_1,

We have responded to you via the support ticket system.
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver
    edited August 2013
    I wanted to update my post. Although it did take a few days to get resolved. The problem looked to be with the hardware itself. I have since moved to a different server and things have been running great with bluefang. Support is excellent, and although the hardware could be improved a little, the company is worth the investment.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    "All of our game servers are running smoothly and have still been running without issue"
    i joined a bluefang server today, 6 minutes into the game the ticrate was like 10 and i had slingshot lag every 3 seconds. took me over 10 seconds before the text appeared after writing LAAAG and hitting enter...
    RadimaX wrote: »
    "All of our game servers are running smoothly and have still been running without issue"
    i joined a bluefang server today, 6 minutes into the game the ticrate was like 10 and i had slingshot lag every 3 seconds. took me over 10 seconds before the text appeared after writing LAAAG and hitting enter...

Hi there RadimaX, you quoted a post that was submitted back in December of 2012. If you are one of our current clients and you are currently experiencing latency/tickrate issues please submit a ticket at the Help Desk and we will be sure to investigate the situation. You also didn't post how many slots the server was and if everyone else on the server were having the same tickrate issues. Please be more detailed so we can further assist you.

Regards,

BluefangServers
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    i am not a client but i came across the topic yesterday just hours after playing on the server for the first time and did not see the date, replied becouse it was relevant to the situation...
    but it was the 32 slot server and even typing things lagged plus slingshotted you back in time basicly constantly.
  • kirkwoodkirkwood Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172653Members
    Hi RadimaX,

Long running customer at BFS. I have a 24 slot server and never have had an issue with tickrate. I suspect that they are just testing a 32 slot server. Have you tried any other of their servers? Never seen anything but good performance from BFS servers.

RadimaX wrote: »
    i am not a client but i came across the topic yesterday just hours after playing on the server for the first time and did not see the date, replied becouse it was relevant to the situation...
    but it was the 32 slot server and even typing things lagged plus slingshotted you back in time basicly constantly.

Hi there,

Thanks for responding. Yes our 32 slot server is just a test server and overall the performance is playable. The end-game is obviously very tickrate sensitive especially since 32 slots, much less 24 slots, isnt at all optimized for NS2 dedicated server hosting.

kirkwood wrote: »
    Hi RadimaX,

Long running customer at BFS. I have a 24 slot server and never have had an issue with tickrate. I suspect that they are just testing a 32 slot server. Have you tried any other of their servers? Never seen anything but good performance from BFS servers.

Hey Kirkwood, thanks for the kind words and support. We are glad you are still enjoying our services and we hope to continue to provide you and your friends with a great place to enjoy NS2.

• unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Mr BFS

The 32 man will lag hard unless you are running:

4.6GHz + (with the ability to give the process three threads, if using i7, or 2 cores if you are using i5)
    RAM Clock of 1800MHz or greater

When it gets to this many players, RAM clock speed starts making a difference to the smoothness of the server.

Im not saying you shouldnt host one, but if I had my business name on the server and it couldn't cope, then you know how fickle the public can get and then start branding them as crap.

For some silly reason adding the ability for the server to use a third thread actually smooths things out a bit more, in theory it shouldnt, but it does.

Best of luck

Unter
    Hey guys,

Just dropping by to throw out a small little offer just in-case you are looking for an NS2 server to buy

You can get up to 24 slots with 10% off your first months payment using coupon code GHR10 at checkout. This is valid for any of our other services as well.

We host some of the most popular NS2 servers running right now

Come and check out our available packages here.

Catch us on live chat or send us a contact form and ask anything you'd like. Refer to original post for some server info.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    Curious, why is there no NY server for ns2? I've always been thinking about hosting a server because I know what's popular in pretty much any fps.. but I never go through with it

What would you say NY location pings to PA? I'd assume the routing there is probably good
    ezekel wrote: »
    Curious, why is there no NY server for ns2? I've always been thinking about hosting a server because I know what's popular in pretty much any fps.. but I never go through with it

What would you say NY location pings to PA? I'd assume the routing there is probably good

NY is one of our newer datacenters. It doesn't have the machines built for NS2 hosting yet. Our Philly location is just as good or even better than NY with good peering to Europe.

Come talk to us on Live Chat and we can answer any questions you have. :)
    edited October 2013
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know of a nice offer we have for our NS2 hosting at the moment

We're going to be offering 15% off for the next 6 of you to order an NS2 server at any slot amount from 10-24 in any of our 7 datacenter locations FOR THE LIFE OF THE SERVICE

Use coupon code NS24LIFE15 at checkout http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/natural-selection-2 - limited space available

*New services only
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ordered one from you guys, a small 14-slot server. That deal seemed like too good to pass. The server was up and running in less than 30 minutes so the delivery was extremely fast.

Configuring settings was also quite simple. I had a small problem with admin settings as they didn't seem to work but after contacting their live chat I had my server working like I wanted it to. Superb customer service and the server seems to run perfectly, no hicups at all.

Overall I'm actually surprised how well everything was put together, really fast and friendly service, highly recommended.
    Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings,

In celebration of the holiday season we are offering 25% off ANY GAME SERVER at ANY SLOT AMOUNT for the life of the service! In effect as of Friday November 1st, 2013 and running through to the new year on January 1st, 2014 you can celebrate with http://www.bluefangsolutions.com and get your game server hosting 25% cheaper with the same quality and support BFS provides!

Take a look at our lineup of supported games at http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/ and dont forget to get voice server hosting after ordering your game server. You can get TeamSpeak 3 voice hosting at http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/teamspeak-3 or Mumble Voice at http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/mumble-voice

Questions? Catch a sales rep on our Live Chat system or send us your inquiries via our contact form at http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/contact-us

USE COUPON CODE “HAPPYHOLIDAYS25” AT CHECKOUT *Valid until 01/01/2014

ns2banner.png
  • amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Members, Constellation
    edited November 2013
    Cool - nice to see other players on the scene in addition to myself.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @BluefangServers How do you deal with NS2 mods? I may look for an official server for my mod when I release it, but it has nothing like the requirements of an NS2 server, and should easily be able to support 32 players without too much stress. If I produce my mod to use less resources than NS2, although I understand the lua CPU bottleneck issue, would this be reflected in rental options? I believe most full on mods for this game will end up using far less resources than NS2 uses, and I wondered if it would enable cheaper costs?
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    @BluefangServers How do you deal with NS2 mods? I may look for an official server for my mod when I release it, but it has nothing like the requirements of an NS2 server, and should easily be able to support 32 players without too much stress. If I produce my mod to use less resources than NS2, although I understand the lua CPU bottleneck issue, would this be reflected in rental options? I believe most full on mods for this game will end up using far less resources than NS2 uses, and I wondered if it would enable cheaper costs?

Hi there,

We would actually have to test it to be sure but of course you can get 25% off for life all the way through New Years. If you would like to test things out we have no issues setting up a server for you and letting you install your mod via FTP etc just to see how things work out. One thing that people quickly learn about BFS is that we are all about a custom hosting solution for game server hosting.

Come talk to a representative on live chat (normal business hours) or just send us a contact form and we'll be glad to get things rolling for you.
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    HIGH PING and not solutions lol :

we've stopping all servers "blue fang not solution" (before 60 ms ping now 140 ms)

their answers :

"6pm and 10pm is a prime time and the network may have more people on it than usual. Its normal for higher spikes in traffic on personal networks and pipelines. Our networks have been clear."

censure (Closed - Support)
    Posted by hycks (2013-12-01 12:11 AM)

thank you for your cenrured post good job

Posted by josh (2013-12-01 1:05 AM)

We wish you luck with your new hosting provider. Come back soon.

edited December 2013
    December 1st marked halfway for the #holidays! You can still get 25% off recurring with "happyholidays25" at checkout http://www.bluefangsolutions.com

Glad to see that NS2 is supporting the Humble Bundle charity event and you can get copies at only $1! Good on you guys Unknown Worlds :)http://www.humblebundle.com
    Happy New Years from all of us here at BFS!!!

We had great success in 2013 for game server hosting and we hope to hit 2014 just as strong! We have grown exponentially and we are absolutely thrilled with how far we have come.

Our holiday season 25% coupon expired on January 1st, 2014 and we are so happy that a lot of you were able to take advantage of the savings that we offered for almost 2 months straight! Unfortunately there are already a handful of you disappointed that you missed the opportunity for 25% off recurring.

Well guess what… In light of how successful we were in 2013 we are going to celebrate the new year with 15% off recurring for life! We plan to run this for the entire month of January starting today January 2nd, 2014 through January 31st, 2014. This discount code will be valid for ANY GAME at ANY SLOT AMOUNT in ANY LOCATION out of our 7 WORLD-WIDE LOCATIONS!

You can see the full line-up of all of our hosted game servers at our Shop

We are also an ATHP offering TS3 services at our Teamspeak 3 Product Page

USE COUPON CODE “15OFF2014” DURING CHECKOUT

Any questions or concerns please feel free to catch a Sales rep on Live support or just send us a contact form. We will be glad to chat with you!
    We've been under DDoS assault by unknown third parties for the past 4 hours and counting. Our website and panel are offline and unreachable at this time. We want to convey our understanding of your frustration and want you to know we are working to find another solution for our web services. This includes DDoS protection services on a larger scale. Please bear with us while we work to thwart these attacks and get back up to speed. Thank you.
  • bdbkushbdbkush .ca Join Date: 2014-02-13 Member: 193974Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    So when are you guys going to either take responsibility for not being able to fix/address your network issues, or offer some form of compensation? I've never paid money for a service as unstable as my server has been the past couple of weeks. My reputation as a server administrator and operator suffers greatly, because nobody affiliates the server issues with the host, it's always the operator. I've done my due diligence, please do yours. Seems a bit nonsensical that I'm not even able to hard reset my own box when a problem arises. Please give me a reason to continue using BFS as my provider.... please.
  • AmbivalentAmbiguityAmbivalentAmbiguity Miami, FL Join Date: 2014-02-18 Member: 194129Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I also rent from BFS, and like Kush, I'm also getting problems with my server. There have been many crashes as of late and I can say from my own experiences: getting a NS2 server populated is one of the hardest things to do. Not to mention keeping it populated.

I'm going to be repeating a lot of things, but like Kush said, the problems don't get blamed on the server host, they get blamed on the admin. One of the attractive qualities of mine is that it is usually always up and running and constantly has active admins who keep a good community and clean from any problem causers. But none of this matters if the server crashes frequently.

I do not want to move to another provider, honestly there aren't many options out there. But please don't make us have to consider the option.
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also renting from BFS, started about 6 months ago. First 4 months went with constant network problems, people were getting 999 pings every now and then and lagging like hell. However, now when they added their second datacenter to Germany and moved my NS2 server there, I haven't had much issues. Pings are stable and the server seems to work nicely. Occasional tickrate issues happens (Rarely), but I think that's because of the latest patch that kinda ruined server performance if the rounds lasts over 60 minutes or so, I'm not completely sure about this.

I did try a few providers for one month but it seems most of them are either super expensive or doesn't have the freedom to mod your server like BFS does.

Expand more in europe and get a datacenter in one of the northern european countries. I would seriously love you guys after that.

Also, their customer service is superb. The best part of this provider, hands down.
  • bdbkushbdbkush .ca Join Date: 2014-02-13 Member: 193974Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I can agree that customer service is prompt, Jose is very quick to reply to my tickets. I just don't want to have to send tickets to begin with...
    I just wanted to update you on our status with the attacks and the delay on getting to your tickets. We have been targeted with Denial of Service Attacks by a 3rd party or by our competition. Things are starting to come back to normal. We still have a couple server nodes that we are trying to work on and attacks keep coming and going but we will find a way to end these.

Our staff have been working around the clock for more then 48 hours to stem the flow of these attacks. These are not normal operating conditions and these attacks are rare. We apologize for any and all inconveniences and we are looking at how to make it up to our customers. We are backed up with tickets but over the next day or two we hope to be completely caught up again.

These attacks are not random and all over the place. They are specifically targeting LA, Dallas, Philly and our NY data centers. They have not once touched our European locations and they haven't done anything at all with our Chicago location. It makes us wonder. Is this a competitor with something to gain by attacking only these specific locations? They don't have any reason to attack the other locations? We are doing what we can to figure out who it is but that can't be our main concern. Our main concern is stopping the attacks or finding a solution to fight them.

Please know that we are much more frustrated than you are during this time and we are not going to sleep until things are back to normal. We have put too much money and time into this to let it fail. Its not going to fail. They are not going to win.

Kind regards,

Joshua P.
    Managing Partner / CEO
    Blue Fang Solutions, LLC
    www.bluefangsolutions.com
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    Amad wrote: »
    Also renting from BFS, started about 6 months ago. First 4 months went with constant network problems, people were getting 999 pings every now and then and lagging like hell. However, now when they added their second datacenter to Germany and moved my NS2 server there, I haven't had much issues. Pings are stable and the server seems to work nicely. Occasional tickrate issues happens (Rarely), but I think that's because of the latest patch that kinda ruined server performance if the rounds lasts over 60 minutes or so, I'm not completely sure about this.
    Yeah we have same problem on our saunamen server. I always thought it was my GF just surfing like crazy :p
    Expand more in europe and get a datacenter in one of the northern european countries. I would seriously love you guys after that.
    YEAH! I still miss your dusseldorf datacenter, it had better pings for us (more like -10) and Americans had great pings on there, they always thought it was uk server cos the pings were good oO.. Why did you change it to Frankfurt :p
    Also, their customer service is superb. The best part of this provider, hands down.
    These attacks are not random and all over the place. They are specifically targeting LA, Dallas, Philly and our NY data centers. They have not once touched our European locations and they haven't done anything at all with our Chicago location. It makes us wonder. Is this a competitor with something to gain by attacking only these specific locations? They don't have any reason to attack the other locations? We are doing what we can to figure out who it is but that can't be our main concern. Our main concern is stopping the attacks or finding a solution to fight them.

B..b..but im in chicago ;'(

Hi there! We've added a new machine in LA which adds capacity to our LA data center. We've also made some changes to our Dallas, TX location and we've switched providers. We've added DDoS protection to combat the targeted series of assaults on our Dallas, TX location. We thank everyone for their continued patronage and faith in us. #BFS http://www.bluefangsolutions.com/
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If only we had something like Bluefang down in Australia :(