out of oxygen

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I have no clue what this game is about (who knows anyway).
But water, diving and people, you need oxygen.
I don't how long a player is able to be underwater but it would be nice that if you get out of oxygen that moving slowly helps to stay alive longer.
I have seen before that people where able to stay underwater for 8 minutes. I just googled and the world record is 22 min!

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    What if we had a nanite based oxygen supply for unlimited oxygen?
  • LachdananLachdanan Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 16995Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos
    What if we have to research nanite based oxygen supply generators first ?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Oxygen management is a part of the game, but there are still ongoing discussions and adjustments being made as to how much of a role it will play. The problem is that in a game where a large aspect is exploration, having to constantly stop and keep going back again (to the surface, to your sub, wherever you can replenish your O2) runs counter to that.

But there definitely will be the ability to research and upgrade and find means to overcome the O2 supply limit.
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oxygen management is a part of the game, but there are still ongoing discussions and adjustments being made as to how much of a role it will play. The problem is that in a game where a large aspect is exploration, having to constantly stop and keep going back again (to the surface, to your sub, wherever you can replenish your O2) runs counter to that.

But there definitely will be the ability to research and upgrade and find means to overcome the O2 supply limit.

Ohhh, I can already see myself just thinking: "what could be down there in the depths?", exploring everything little by little until I have enough research or something to get to the HIDDEN TREASURE!

• SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    you could probably have something that's not as realistic, but have 'air pockets (bubbles)' at certain vents while under water, and if you get to one of these your O2 goes up.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Have they said what kind of game it is? RTS? FPS? MMO? Or will we just have to wait until the reveal?
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    Seeing as it'll be an open world exploration game with probably a good amount of sci-fi, one could invent some fancy piece of technology, like a breathing mask that takes up oxygen from the surrounding water and converts it into breathable O2. You could also have it function less well the deeper you go, as oxygen levels in the water are generally higher near the surface. That would mean you'd be able to explore the surface areas without too much hassle, but have to be more prepared equipment wise for (more dangerous?) deep sea exploration? :)
  • zbott105zbott105 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225902Members
    I don't seem to have this problem with the oxygen.
This discussion has been closed.