NS2WC Rules Released, Open for Comment

13»

Comments

• wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Nice rules Hugh. Are you trying to time the live event with a content patch or something?

How is this dude allowed anywhere near tournaments? Look at his track record.

https://www.google.se/search?q=coughing&client=ms-android-lge&espvd=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Bilder&sa=X&ei=lYKYUoeOIMGn4ATS64CYCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=360&bih=536
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    wiry wrote: »
    Nice rules Hugh. Are you trying to time the live event with a content patch or something?

How is this dude allowed anywhere near tournaments? Look at his track record.

https://www.google.se/search?q=coughing&client=ms-android-lge&espvd=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Bilder&sa=X&ei=lYKYUoeOIMGn4ATS64CYCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=360&bih=536

Did Hugh write the rules...?
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get kinda irritated by the posts which say "Oh pssh, the rules completely suck, because only 6 players out of my team of 8-10 roster can play at the tournament!". Give it a break, look at ANY teams which does not live around that area. ALL of those teams will only be able to have 6 players play because only 6 of their players will have the funds to go if they win. Yes, it is difficult to figure out which 6, and it does suck to leave players behind, especially when ALL of our team members should have the right to go to the tournament.

Imagine if this tournament was being held in the states instead. Your team is only given sufficient funds to transport 6 of your players, will the rest of your players give up money to buy their own tickets to fly over? People are being so ungrateful at the opportunity that we are being given. This game in all honesty with its playerbase shouldn't even have these types of tournaments, because of the lack of players, and teams.

Yes the rules are less than gratifying, and some do suck. The organizers are trying to do what's fair and best for all teams, not just the ones who live right around Cologne. The next time, how about more of you actually contribute your time to help make the rules better and get more involved when the tournament was still trying to raise money to go. Instead of bitching and laughing about how the tournament will never happen, then once it does to do nothing but complain about it. Get over it.

I'm sure the organizers are trying to figure out a solution to all of your complaints, but until then sit tight, relax, offer constructive criticism, practice with your team, and hopefully most of us will see each other in Cologne.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Syknik wrote: »
    I get kinda irritated by the posts which say "Oh pssh, the rules completely suck, because only 6 players out of my team of 8-10 roster can play at the tournament!". Give it a break, look at ANY teams which does not live around that area. ALL of those teams will only be able to have 6 players play because only 6 of their players will have the funds to go if they win. Yes, it is difficult to figure out which 6, and it does suck to leave players behind, especially when ALL of our team members should have the right to go to the tournament.

Imagine if this tournament was being held in the states instead. Your team is only given sufficient funds to transport 6 of your players, will the rest of your players give up money to buy their own tickets to fly over? People are being so ungrateful at the opportunity that we are being given. This game in all honesty with its playerbase shouldn't even have these types of tournaments, because of the lack of players, and teams.

Yes the rules are less than gratifying, and some do suck. The organizers are trying to do what's fair and best for all teams, not just the ones who live right around Cologne. The next time, how about more of you actually contribute your time to help make the rules better and get more involved when the tournament was still trying to raise money to go. Instead of bitching and laughing about how the tournament will never happen, then once it does to do nothing but complain about it. Get over it.

I'm sure the organizers are trying to figure out a solution to all of your complaints, but until then sit tight, relax, offer constructive criticism, practice with your team, and hopefully most of us will see each other in Cologne.

I don't understand why you are so angry - in disagreement, sure, but angry? Hmm.

I think most of the people who "bitched" probably aren't posting in this thread. I think there has been a lot of constructive criticism in this thread so far, from people such as Tane and Mendasp.

I have no problem with a team having 7 or 8 players. How horrible would it be to contribute and not have the chance to play at the LAN event? Archaea, as Fana pointed out, managed it. If the tournament was held in the USA I doubt Archaea would have complained if Nexzil had 7 or so. As this is a COMMUNITY event it seems logical to involve the COMMUNITY. As Mendasp and Fana have pointed out, the advantage, if any, is likely to be very slim, and might even be the other way around with players coming in after two rounds with almost no time to warm up. The only good counter I have seen is if one of your players ends up getting ill - the probably of which is pretty low...

Although having said that I hope that if non-Europeans do make it to the final that they get ample time to sleep - Garfu had some problems as I seem to recall.

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2013

If this was a big game with professional teams, this wouldn't be a problem, since teams wouldn't want to have more than six players on their roster. Since this isn't the case, however, and all the players are amateurs, most teams are required to have more than six players on their teams to be able to play regularly. I don't think anybody is denying that sometimes teams will have to make difficult decisions, and that's just how it is. But, and this is the big but, that does not mean that tournament rules shouldn't try to adjust to this as best as possible. Given that this is a small tournament for amateur teams, I just don't see the need for absolute equality -- in the sense that a non-european team that qualifies will have a harder time bringing their extra players than a european team will -- especially when bringing extra players will not realistically confer any advantages. The main point here should be to allow as many players and teams as possible to participate and have a great time, not pretending that this is some big-shot competitive tournament with everything on the line.

I also think the rules regarding player registration should be changed. There is no reason to bar players from changing teams after being registered. A rule that says that a player who has already played a match in the qualifier cannot later play for a different team is more than sufficient. This prevents multiclanning, while still allowing teams some much needed flexibility. This will create some extra work for the admins, but the extra workload will be insignificant compared to the benefits it confers for the participants.

I definitely don't think it is a conspiracy towards Eissfeldt, it was already discussed in private with himself and whoever was involved.
    This rule change was not discussed with Eissfeldt and Godar. I talked to Grissi after the final Eissfeldt decision -- which, contrary to what WasabiOne's post says, they were forced to accept -- and he told me they were planning to bring all eight players to the event. I talked to him again yesterday, when I noticed the rule change, and he was completely surprised, and very sad. I don't want to be fanning the flames when there is no proof, but it is suspicious that this change was implemented without anyone being told about it, and for no apparent reason, at the same time they made the Eissfeldt decision.
  • SkugganSkuggan Join Date: 2010-03-19 Member: 71017Members

I dont think George W Bush is denying you to pay for one of your members yourself.
    Of course it would cost you more money than the EU teams, you could probably bring 7 for the same costs as 8 EU players.

This shouldent be in the rules at all since it has worked perfectly fine when we did these the past two tournamnets in cologne.
  • niitzeniitze Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185839Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I get kinda irritated by the posts which say "Oh pssh, the rules completely suck, because only 6 players out of my team of 8-10 roster can play at the tournament!". Give it a break, look at ANY teams which does not live around that area. ALL of those teams will only be able to have 6 players play because only 6 of their players will have the funds to go if they win.

I would argue that most of the teams do have funds to send in 7 or 8 players since most of the premier division teams are in Europe. The travelling expenses inside Europe aren't really that high, especially if the travelling expenses of one person are divided by 7 or if some of the members of the team live next to or in Germany. Of course things are little bit different if none of the members of the team are not located in Europe.

That being said, I don't really undestand the intention of that rule, especially since it was published so late. Unless the intention of the rule is to not allow any team have 'an advantage' by having substitute ready in case one of the team members get food poisoning or gets ran over by a bus. I guess its better to have forfeit wins instead of allowing some teams to have 'an advantage'.
  • EißfeldtEißfeldt Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155658Members
    I really doubt that having 1-2 extra players is an advantage at all.
  • MinstrelJCFMinstrelJCF Join Date: 2009-05-10 Member: 67379Members
    edited November 2013
    Boy this tournament sure looks awesome, so awesome I should waste some bandwidth downloading this game to play some awesome competitive NS2. I sure hope we can get more stream viewers than the Firefall world finals.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I was enthusiastic about this tournament for many reasons.
    Community driven, quality casters, a advertised open format.
    And with what we were told we all expected it to be better then the tournaments uwe ran. (all respects to uwe for their efforts on those though)

Now, it gets more saddening every day.
    Like so many stated, there is no advantage to deny in-team/in-clan roster changes. There is no advantage to allowing more then 6 to play & swap in between matches.
    The only true practical advantage tournament wise would be if one of the 6 would get ill.

Allow roster changes and player swaps would increase a bigger difference in matches, more interesting to watch. (opinion yes i know). It would also allow to replace ill people. It would allow as much players as possible to have max amount of fun. I dont see why they shouldn't be allowed to go on their own cost.

I will ignore the Eissfeldt for the most part. I'd have liked to allow him to clear his name enmass, rather in only live. But I shall refrain from saying more about it.

I will watch these developments closely, but this sounds less and less like a community event and more like a strict elite one.
    I donated for a community event and may very well not be the only one thinking that if we aint getting one, that I shan't donate another time in the future for a 'communmity event'.
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Shit timings and shit rules. Who is this tournament for exactly because it is becoming abundantly clear that it is not the players or the community. Who is actually making these decisions?
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just a question?

Where are the list of teams signing up for the WC ?

Are they listed anywhere ? And are there teams signed up at all ?

Would be great to see the list of teams on the WC web site, when teams or anyone goes there.

Any way hope all have a great time.

• SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    they've mentioned that they will release the list of the teams once signups were closed.
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Why would they release the list of teams after the sighups were closed ?

Seems like it would be better, to let players see the active teams.

So they might decide to make a team to join the WC.

Also to see that there are actually teams that have joined up to play.

Sort of like it has always been done.

What is the secret ? NS2---->This is very serious business :)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Hugh wrote: »
    And Australian players won't just be able to compete - They are going to win!

Go go ascension + bonage + ten + jekt! Whoo!
  • Martone421Martone421 Mars96 Join Date: 2013-11-23 Member: 189519Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Martone421 wrote: »
    The truth is, recovering addicts gain insights, positive experiences and inspiration after they stop doping and live a clean life.

Not sure if this is some 2deep4me stuff or just spam...