Where the hell is that hitbox?

2»

Comments

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    I have zero registration problems in this game.

I record FPVOD's of all my scrims / matches. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I feel a shot was a meatshot / or something more and I rage, then go back and watch the clip and see I did not land as much as I thought I did.

Please define exactly the file format/type.
    AVI encoded on your own hard drives, or the a ".demo" style.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    xnor wrote: »
    the fade hits you even though on your screen the fade is like passing by 3m to the left of you (where you were a moment ago).
    From ns2 wiki:

Fade_taunt.gif
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    i have seen hit reg issues a number of times, although rare, it is very annoying, seeing blood come from a skulk, blood stained on a wall and no damage number showing up is a problem, i even asked the player if he got hit and he responded with no, he was still aswell and i shot him in the "foot"
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited November 2013
    There's been many times I've seen blood on what appeared to be a direct shotgun hit, without any damage numbers coming up or a dead skulk, but it's pretty much always been right as I've died, so I assume that there's something going on with lag where the other guy technically got the last laugh (i.e. got me before I got him), but it hadn't registered the bite/swipe yet on my end. I assume that particular issue is working as intended, even though it's annoying as hell to see happen - "b-b-b-b-but... I shot you!" :( At least I can still blame crappy NZ internet for my woes (always nice to blame something :) ), although I suspect that crappy Australian internet isn't much better.

It's rare that I notice actual hitreg issues. When I do though, it's usually just my excuse for bad aim and probably didn't hit the target. There may be outstanding problems, but not glaringly obvious ones. Who knows. Tbh, it seems to be working fine.

I get more peeved at my shotgun randomly deciding it doesn't want to fire when I click than I do at whatever minute hitreg problems still exist. "Why shotgun?! Why would you do this to me! I thought we were friends..." - "FUCK YOU! That's why!"
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Can confirm that is working as intended d0pe.

Also yeah I've noticed recently on a rare occasion my shotgun won't fire when I click. I haven't fired a shot too recently, I click...nothing, dead.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    I have zero registration problems in this game.

I record FPVOD's of all my scrims / matches. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I feel a shot was a meatshot / or something more and I rage, then go back and watch the clip and see I did not land as much as I thought I did.

Please define exactly the file format/type.
    AVI encoded on your own hard drives, or the a ".demo" style.

I watch my own in 60fps mp4 recorded by OBS. I've uploaded them to youtube as well...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCen0D0uIea14GdBvPVtoSWw?feature=watch