Where to find teammates?

SkyfishSkyfish Norway Join Date: 2013-11-23 Member: 189525Members
Hello, I'm looking for new friends to play natural selection 2 with.
I don't know what is the best arena for finding friends/mentors, so I ask here. I nly just begun playing this, it's all so confusin.g (20 hours) Ideally I'd like someone that is better than me at the game I can learn from, who doesn't trashtalk, respond sarcastically or gets frustrated/curse a lot. But I will play with anyone who is nice regardless of skill.
The point is I want to improve fast, I have been good at FPS's in the past but now I only play alien, and it's hard for me to connect the bite. I can't seem to find any suitbale tutorials for where I'm at, I think I need to learn strategy and aim better at this point. (oh and learn the maps... I loose a lot of time flying in circles or accidentally running into enemy base in a panic)

Comments

• BeerTentBeerTent Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169639Members
    Any inquiries you have about NS2 can be asked here. I'll do my absolute best to answer to them.

Alternatively, if you see someone with the name resembling "cout >> Tek;" you're more than welcome to ask him any questions. He'll always do his best to answer any questions and try and help you enjoy the game.

Natural Selection is a confusing game to get the hang of, but once you got it, and you're with a shenanigans based server, pub Play can really shine! :3

A few quick tips...

J, by default, will show you your technology Tree, what's done, and what's being worked on.

C, by default, will show you your map. Look at this extremely often.

As a skulk, jump off walls. You get a small speed boost.

As Alien, only bite when you think you'll hit. Holding the mouse down will often result in a lot of misses, and blind you momentary. Smarter marines will just jump to the side while you're confused and cut you down.

Also, Ambush. Get in this mindset, and the table will be set for dinner every time! ^.^ Well, almost every time. Be sure to let your teammates help out!
  • SkyfishSkyfish Norway Join Date: 2013-11-23 Member: 189525Members
    On steam I am "BlueSkyfish" feel free to add me to play NS2, I just want to play this game all day every day. (But I only have time to play it in evenings, eurpoean servers and times) if You are american or Australian it will probably be too laggy... :(
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    NS2 got a mentor programm. Those guys will help guys like you to understand and learn the game.

The only one I know would be DCDarkling... (hopefully he reads this)
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    You could perhaps join us for a game with TAW. We meet up on wednesdays and sundays to play games. It's always in a pretty casual atmosphere, although most people are definitely keen on improving themselves and playing some decent 6vs6 games. Give me a pm if you're interested. You can check it out, see how you like it, before you have to apply or anything.
  • BeerTentBeerTent Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169639Members
    Aah, well, We're East Coast Canadians. (Tek and myself.) It may be unlikely we'll see eachother. Regardless, you're in the right spot. If it's community you're looking for, I suggest you take up Neoken on his offer! Looks pretty inviting to me too.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Added you, I'm central Europe and play casually every Thursday and Sunday with a couple of nice fellas that are always happy hearing a new voice, as well as the evenings in between when I got the time. If you're on mumble we could chat without chewing our teams ears off. Would make it easier to give tips without spamming the voice chat.
  • SkyfishSkyfish Norway Join Date: 2013-11-23 Member: 189525Members
    So far voice chat hasn't been a problem for me, the games are quiet until someone breaks the ice, and then everyone has a fun time usually, mostly tactical but some funny jokes in the dead spaces too :) I will check out your offers kind peoples :)