AusNS2 League Grand Final - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited November 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageAusNS2 League Grand Final - Natural Selection 2

European and North American players may get the most exposure, thanks to the great work of the NSL & ENSL.org, but they aren’t the only ones playing organised competitive NS2. Down under, season one of the AusNS2 league is drawing closer to an epic finale: Lord Mayor vs Ascension. Here is a recap of the league so far: From the AusNS2 website: “Congratulations to Ascension who finished 1st in the regular season, going 16-0. The underdog, lord mayor, came 2nd with a score of 13-3 losing rounds to ascension and x only in the final weeks of the season. In 3rd and 4th came x and RaZe respectively, who were snapping at the heels of each other throughout …

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I'm pretty sure I've warned you many times now @Hugh about not including GMT/UTC times.
    You deserve every single hairy nipple that your inbox can hold and you have no one to blame but yourself. Shame on you Hugh, SHAME!

I see that you did include it in the article though. So this time I'll go easy on you and shave my nipples first. Next time it better be in the main image though.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Please direct all hairy nipples to me, I made the image and did the time zone conversions :D

But seriously, why is GMT/UTC a bad thing?
    0ni wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've warned you many times now @Hugh about not including GMT/UTC times.
    You deserve every single hairy nipple that your inbox can hold and you have no one to blame but yourself. Shame on you Hugh, SHAME!

I see that you did include it in the article though. So this time I'll go easy on you and shave my nipples first. Next time it better be in the main image though.

So what if he didn't include it? Just do math from another timezone. It may be near impossible for you, but still try it.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Anyways, this should be a fun match. These two teams are very closely matched.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    This is going to be fun :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Wow, I'm actually impressed it got mentioned.
    Please direct all hairy nipples to me, I made the image and did the time zone conversions :D

UTC is a good thing, I've threatened him to include it in all future posts.

I'm afraid I've already shaved my nipples but if you want them still I'd be happy to forward them to you. I assure you they are no less manly and still sexy all the same.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013

It's a good thing, if times were always posted in UTC then all people would need to know is how to convert from UTC to their time zone. So all I need to know is that I'm UTC-5.

If you just post the time in some arbitrary time zone it isn't as easy to convert, because now you theoretically need to know the value of any given time zone
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I agree with what @Blarney_Stone just said also, why am I seeing UTC used more commonly than GMT recently, swear I used to see GMT only. Aren't they the same thing? Why is there even two different names for the same ruleset.
  • aaSpideraaSpider Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73079Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Looking forward to this, it should be a great game to watch.

Although I would say Ascension is the better team Lord Mayor put up a good fight and this could go either way.

For those interested, here (twitch.tv/ausns2/b/476232820) is the replay from their previous match against each other from round 8.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    I agree with what @Blarney_Stone just said also, why am I seeing UTC used more commonly than GMT recently, swear I used to see GMT only. Aren't they the same thing? Why is there even two different names for the same ruleset.

They made a different name for it because some people are offended by the British I think. Personally I blame the french. Not that I have any good reason to do so but I'm still better about all the Quebecois they left behind in Canada.

Apparently my phone's camera is broken. You are momentarily spared Hugh.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is one of several closely related successors to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For most purposes, UTC is synonymous with GMT, but GMT is no longer precisely defined by the scientific community.

Thanks, Wikipedia!
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Australia is a real place!?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    No. we're a piece of your imagination.
    This is not the league grand finals you were looking for, move along.
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    edited November 2013
    AuroN2 wrote: »

It was just a joke, mate! I wasn't looking for any league finals at all. I was just browsing this site as always. We all view the same content when visiting this website, so it's not like i can opt out of that which doesn't affect me. ;)

But if my jokes don't please you i guess they weren't what you were looking for. So just move along!
    Robby wrote: »

It was just a joke, mate! I wasn't looking for any league finals at all. I was just browsing this site as always. We all view the same content when visiting this website, so it's not like i can opt out of that which doesn't affect me. ;)

But if my jokes don't please you i guess they weren't what you were looking for. So just move along!

Hehe, I think he was joking too :D

• BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members

Hehe, I think he was joking too :D

He was being sarcastic but due to the "disagree" it looks like he was a little insulted...

Anyway, yes UTC is the GMT and I have no idea why we changed it. It seems we change things that don't need changing and don't change what needs changing.

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    The only thing for real in Australia is the Hail Stones.

And Spiders.

And Dragons, crocs, wasps, flowers (not kidding), drop bears, wait, what am I on?

Australia: Best dealt with via FLAME.

edited November 2013
    The only thing for real in Australia is the Hail Stones.

And Spiders.

And Dragons, crocs, wasps, flowers (not kidding), drop bears, wait, what am I on?

Australia: Best dealt with via FLAME.
    Don't forget the male platypus, snakes, every type of ant, etc etc etc
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    aaSpider wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, it should be a great game to watch.

Although I would say Ascension is the better team Lord Mayor put up a good fight and this could go either way.

For those interested, here (twitch.tv/ausns2/b/476232820) is the replay from their previous match against each other from round 8.
    I second this vod, was very entertaining watch. Can't wait to see what kind of a match this will be in bo7 series. Cheers for the ppl at AusNS2 for maintaining the league for extra competitive content!
    Ots wrote: »
    I second this vod, was very entertaining watch. Can't wait to see what kind of a match this will be in bo7 series. Cheers for the ppl at AusNS2 for maintaining the league for extra competitive content!

Thanks! :D

I am extremely excited to see what happens in a Bo7 match too, endurance becomes a factor, and its a stark difference from the 1 map games we play in the regular season.
    Ots wrote: »

Thanks! :D

I am extremely excited to see what happens in a Bo7 match too, endurance becomes a factor, and its a stark difference from the 1 map games we play in the regular season.

Imagine if it goes to the 7th game... get comfy it could last 4 hours :P
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    Oh theres been so many long games these playoffs in the NSL, so many sleepless nights watching those :D
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gonna be pretty epic guys! Good luck to both teams!!!
    Just as an update guys, I have been working on getting all the league matches up on our youtube channel for the last couple of days if you want to catch up on some of the games and such. :)
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

You never seen Star Wars? It's an ok saga but it's pretty much a household film in at least the US and UK (Not entirely how common and famous it is in other countries but I know a lot of people have seen it in France, Germany etc) You should go watch it. It'll help you understand AuroN2's joke :)
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    I have an FPVOD of our match (ascension) vs Lord Mayor from 2 weeks ago. This was Round 8 of Ausns2 league

• intrikintrik Join Date: 2003-10-05 Member: 21451Members
    I have an FPVOD of our match (ascension) vs Lord Mayor from 2 weeks ago. This was Round 8 of Ausns2 league

I also have some of mine - same game - just different FPV.

If this final goes for 7 rounds man... I'm gonna be pretty drained... It's hot in Australia you know 7 rounds of NS2 makes you a very hot and sweaty man :P