NS2WC 90%+ Funded! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited November 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageNS2WC 90%+ Funded! - Natural Selection 2

Impossible is nothing. With two days to go, the Natural Selection 2 World Championship is 91% funded.Over the weekend, Reddog, Wasabione, Zefram and others made a huge push and brought in several thousand more dollars. Help push this baby over the line, and give NS2 players all over the planet the chance to compete at the highest level! http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll admit that when WasabiOne told me about the idea for this thing, I was skeptical. I said, 'WasabiOne, you crazy.' Well aren't I just eating my hat. Only 9% left. I'll be damned. Let's do this!
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    1 more hive-rank donation and we're set!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    What could I promise to do on NS2HD if we get there? E.g. 'If we hit 30,000 I shave my head' but without the shaving of the head part. Ideas?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Hugh wrote: »
    What could I promise to do on NS2HD if we get there? E.g. 'If we hit 30,000 I shave my head' but without the shaving of the head part. Ideas?

Not wear bright orange pants....ever? (j/k :p)

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Exciting. Best of luck chaps
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Performance, Hugh. Performance.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Performance, Hugh. Performance.
    Performance, Huge Performance.
    Typo Fixed :)

No, I didn't introduce a new typo. It's HUGE.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    @Hugh
    without the shaving of the head part.
    That doesn't leave you with many other places to shave.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Also, love this guys' donation text:

Haha ye I saw that too and wanted to post it here but you were faster. Epic text.
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    I'd rather see things like team interviews, highlights of the matches they played to get to the finals, some background on NS2, the history and the future of NS . These things can be wrapped up quickly if the match is ready to begin. If the finals are finished before their studio time runs out, you can look at getting members of the audience involved in a match or 2 with guest commentators because you never know how long these matches can go on for.
    Benson wrote: »
    Not wear bright orange pants....ever? (j/k :p)

If this happens I'm going to get me some outrageous trousers.

Also, love this guys' donation text:

heh, thats me :P
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    casan0vax wrote: »
    If there's a lot of down-time like that which was encountered during the Arc/Nexzil Invitational Finals, would it be possible to have some show matches by the other teams not involved in the current match? It could just be a normal scrim/PCW for viewers to watch during long down-time. Or to liven it up, it could be on custom maps, perhaps, or maybe turn on cheats and allow only certain lifeforms/weapons for certain people (cheats on so as to forego the early/mid game; I'm thinking along the lines of SC2 monobattles)? Or you could just do combat 6v6, since that'll likely take less time.

Just throwing some ideas out there :D

And I know during the last Invitational, there were some EU teams not involved in the tournament that were there in the audience--perhaps they could be included in the festivities, as well (and @blind was there, but not casting, what's up with that!?).

I'm suggesting this because, if I recall correctly, I think @Hugh mentioned that there will be no fan art, face painting, etc. this time around? So there needs to be some filler: and what better way to kill time than watch some more NS2. It'll also help to retain viewers who aren't too familiar with the game; as soon as a round ends, viewership will dip--that's a given. If you assault the audience with non-stop NS2 action, however, they'll be more likely to stick around.

Just my thoughts :)

EDIT: P.S - I totally forgot. Is UWE planning for a Free Weekend/Steam sale to coincide with the Twitch frontpage broadcast? I think that would be the most logical time to have one.

I agree, it would be a great idea to give the viewers more NS2. A brief breakdown and explanation of how the game is played for the new viewers, an in-depth discussion on maps and strategies, and maybe some background history of competitive NS2. Some clips of Red Dog's roundup would be cool, too, especially the highlights from this season.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    If this is going to happen as live event (which I really hope!), I'm going to be there. So I'd like if you incorporate the attendees :D
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    What could I promise to do on NS2HD if we get there? ... Ideas?
    @Hugh you can record a vid of you playing NS1 with all of UWE and some testers.

Holy crap, only $1,500 more to go!
    Need some idea on what to promise for the final push guys! I'm thinking - Wasabi dye's his moustache pink.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    There's no need to promise anything for the final push.
  • HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Need some idea on what to promise for the final push guys! I'm thinking - Wasabi dye's his moustache pink.
    Yeah, because the combination of paint and face did really really well last time...

• SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members

@WasabiOne wears similar pants to @Hugh's bright orange pants.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    full face lerk tattoo?

Eh? EHHHHHH?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I am no Hugh, NO NO NO I will not paint or wear colorful clothing :P sorry hugh. I will however send a nice gift to the person that takes us to or over $30k so keep an eye and donate quick cause we are almost there! Words really cannot express how humbled I am by this community and its support!
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    This community is simply amazing. Less than $800 to go!

Gogogogogogogogo!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    2cough wrote: »
    full face lerk tattoo?

Lerk tramp stamp.

• tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Well done guys, $700 to go atm.
    Going to be an awesome tournament!
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    Congrats! Goal reached.